Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sessegnon will have to go. Either retire or go on a free. He’s not going to come back as a PL player, poor bloke.

Just have feeling sessegnon is way out of depth. Will end up at a piddly club next season and be injury free i reckon. Big fish small pond.

Kulusevski is a decent player who can play multiple positions but not very well.
Would he start for City? No chance. Wouldn't even get lots of gametime off the bench.

Liverpool? Nope.

Woolwich? No way...and nothing to do with him having played for us.

Might start for United but only cause they've been utter dreadful at signing wingers...Antony, Sancho...

Manor Solomon has now missed about half our of our 38 PL matches through injury this season - same as he did for Fulham last season.

I'm not sure there is much value in having a player who isn't fit for half the season or more - even a player not playing that well is probably more reliable than one who is hardly fit.

So unless the medics are absolutely sure he's cured, IMO Solomon will need to be moved on together with Sessegnon ...... probably joined by Lo Celso who is usually either unfit or away playing for Argentina, Squad availability without those three would suddenly increase dramatically,
And yet so many on here have drenched knickers thinking of Neto in a Spurs shirt.

Sessegnon, Gio, Tanganga, Solomon...seems some don't wanna learn.

Grealish can’t beat a man though. Very overrated imo not enough goals and assists even though he plays for city, great at winning free kicks though
I like him. I think he's got a lot more to offer than what he does at city. Looks a different player in an England shirt on the left.

Wait so how come every other winger under Pep wasn’t “stifled” by him? You guys make far too many excuses for Grealish. I don’t see Pep telling Doku to stop dribbling and he’s bringing in Savio in the summer as well.
Grealish comes with the off-field stuff too...doesn't strike me as the type who lives the life of a pro athlete. And he's no spring chicken. So a big, big no from me.

Neto? Whenever I see his name, I just want to puke. I put the number of days and games missed on here the other day...guy is just a 60mil walking injury. But no, let's bring him in...😑🔫

I like him. I think he's got a lot more to offer than what he does at city. Looks a different player in an England shirt on the left.

Don't think he does tbh.....

You'd have to go back to him playing a free role at Villa to see a significantly different player; but he'll not get to be the big fish at the top end of the table.

We need a player who can break the low block, take on a man, beat him and in turn create space for others. My concern for Neto is that he would be like Johnson, a player who does his best work on the break, with plenty of space to run into, we dont get that often, facing low blocks, like yesterday against Wolves is becoming the way teams adapt to deal with Angeball.
We need a plan B from our manager and likes of Maddison to shine when in these kind of battles, instead he was poor, Son was out at the corner flag and when you wanted neat triangles to break a team the ball was bouncing off Richy like he was a lamppost.

Devine who has never started a PL game, let alone a champions league one?

Skipp won’t go. We just don’t have enough of those players.

We're asking him to fill out the squad and replace Skipp as our 7th choice central midfielder....

Bergvall has never started a PL or CL game and I'm willing to bet even he will be above Skipp in the pecking order next season if he stays.

We're asking him to fill out the squad and replace Skipp as our 7th choice central midfielder....

Bergvall has never started a PL or CL game and I'm willing to bet even he will be above Skipp in the pecking order next season if he stays.

But it doesn’t mean we will sell him. How many home grown club trained players do we have that have played both PL and CL football? There is one. We aren’t selling him, I promise.

Back
Top Bottom