Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grealish is an absolute no-no. In case people haven’t noticed, Guardiola is bringing left wingers in back to back summers 🚩

The only thing I’ve changed my mind on is now, We need two high-end wingers instead of the one, one established, one up and comer.

Kulusevski transitions into the midfield, Son becomes a full time 9, and Lo Celso, Gil and Solomon move on.

For the fullbacks, If that rumoured Saudi offer for Emerson is still on, take it. Sess is a non Entity, Davies… dunno what to do with him tbh. We deffo need a LB and it will be interesting to see if they turn to the academy, apparently Leo Black looks great inverting from the right.

I’m with you except for the Kulusevski stuff and Son as a full time 9.

I'd take grealish in an instant. Has the individual ability stifled by pep. You need players that can take on opponents it opens the game up and pulls teams out of shape. Him and neto would be great for me. We need some players up top that can beat a man.

Here is a list of recent 'hand me downs'

Aymeric Laporte
Riyad Mahrez
Cole Palmer
Gabriel Jesus
Oleksandr Zinchenko
Pedro Porro..
Ferran Torres
Leroy Sané

How many of these walk into our team?

If you won't buy from City, then surely no club is good enough to buy from?
False logic. I can easily say, how do we challenge City with players that they themselves don’t want?

Out of that list I only like Palmer (young and getting better all the time, never established himself in the first team), Porro (basically the same scenario but he had to go Sporting) and Sane who actually wanted to go back to Bayern.

Everyone one else, has either major deficiencies (Woolwich have seen how bad Zinchenko is defensively and Jesus is at finishing), Ferran Torres doesn’t really move me.

Mahrez & Laporte (and you can add Sterling and soon Grealish to this) were clearly exiting their peak and it’s only downhill from here.

I'd take grealish in an instant. Has the individual ability stifled by pep. You need players that can take on opponents it opens the game up and pulls teams out of shape. Him and neto would be great for me. We need some players up top that can beat a man.
Wait so how come every other winger under Pep wasn’t “stifled” by him? You guys make far too many excuses for Grealish. I don’t see Pep telling Doku to stop dribbling and he’s bringing in Savio in the summer as well.

Wait so how come every other winger under Pep wasn’t “stifled” by him? You guys make far too many excuses for Grealish. I don’t see Pep telling Doku to stop dribbling and he’s bringing in Savio in the summer as well.
That's your opinion they weren't. Mahrez was good at city but definitely not as free and dynamic as he was at Leicester imo. Anyway I think grealish would do great here.

How come he’s not stifling Doku?

Grealish is the fucking stifler. That’s why Pep has dropped. He can’t go past anyone without falling over. We’ve got stifle covered.

IMG-3003.jpg

How come he’s not stifling Doku?

Grealish is the fucking stifler. That’s why Pep has dropped. He can’t go past anyone without falling over. We’ve got stifle covered.
How comes you keep laughing at my posts like some kind of mockery like my opinion is a joke. Didn't you spend 2 years defending something like winks or dier being a top player? Debate with me by all means but stop doing that stupid Facebook laugh react shit especially when you've been known to have some outlandish ideas yourself.

Apart from Cunha . Everything wolves create come from Neto he carries wolves I said a year ago we should be in for him but honestly can see one of the clubs above us getting him.Not villa though

Grealish can’t beat a man though. Very overrated imo not enough goals and assists even though he plays for city, great at winning free kicks though

How comes you keep laughing at my posts like some kind of mockery like my opinion is a joke. Didn't you spend 2 years defending something like winks or dier being a top player? Debate with me by all means but stop doing that stupid Facebook laugh react shit especially when you've been known to have some outlandish ideas yourself.
Hit that ignore button old chap..!

Id buy werner at end of season as squad player for peanuts. Think release clause is 12m. If we can offload a deadwood player as part of deal then can get price down.

I wouldn’t at this point. Unless his performances improve I’d rather put that 12m towards a better player

Not his biggest fan myself; but he was excellent on many occasions that I watched him last season.

Back
Top Bottom