Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anges eye for talent worries me....Werner, Johnson possibly Gallacher. Getting rid of Kulusevski.
I'm not sure he has too much say. Our managers tend to have to work with what they're given. If he's offered Johnson or an inferior alternative he'll take Johnson.
If he's offered Werner as a cheap loan deal in January or nobody he'll take Werner.

As is Gudmundsson, very highly rated, that's why Inter and Juve have genuine interest.

I was just pointing out just because he isn't a world famous superstar doesn't mean he isn't very good
Dont know much about him but a quick look at his stats.... he's 27 in the summer, no real record to speak of outside of this and last season and last season he was playing in Serie B. He might be alright but screams a squad option and attacking wise we need first teamers.

As is Gudmundsson, very highly rated, that's why Inter and Juve have genuine interest.

I was just pointing out just because he isn't a world famous superstar doesn't mean he isn't very good
Gudmundsson and Vicario are not comparable. Vic is prime age for a goalkeeper, Gudmundsson is 26 years old outfeild player and having a break out season. Juve haven't a pot to piss in, and all my in laws are Inter fans and are not particularly keen. I live half the year in Milan so I'm pretty close to this. I take your general point though.

Gudmundsson and Vicario are not comparable. Vic is prime age for a goalkeeper, Gudmundsson is 26 years old outfeild player and having a break out season. Juve haven't a pot to piss in, and all my in laws are Inter fans and are not particularly keen. I live half the year in Milan so I'm pretty close to this. I take your general point though.

Prime age for a keeper I would say is abit older and Gudmundsson is entering his prime

The fact that Juve haven't got money to throw doesn't mean their not interested

Their are many Spurs fans that don't want us to buy players that doesn't make the club not interested

My general point does stand yes

That doesn't mean I think he's a fit for what we need, but he's alot better footballer than is given credit for

I think he will get overruled if he tries and sells kulusevski.

I doubt if there's a buyer at the table Levy will care too much.

Of the all players to be signed since Ange arrived; he'll have been the one he'd have had the least input in.

"I gave him a year. He's been here 2 1/2 years; but it doesn't work for me... Please take the money so I can re-invest."

Ah, the old age discussion again.

And once again, it doesn't stop people wanting to sign the likes of Toney, Gyokeres, Solanke etc.

Gudmunsson is having a fine season. Maybe it's a one season wonder scenario. Or maybe, his stats look good for a data driven backroom team that they feel he may have just started clicking and coming into his peak and also feel if we can get someone of his profile to add depth to the team (effectively replacing Lo Celso) whilst getting rid of Spence in the process, it could be a smart deal.

As long as it doesn't stop us from signing the likes of an Eze then all good.

As was Vicario
Those who know Serie A and Italian football already rated Vicario highly and saw him as the next big thing. Heck, even the legendary Gigi Buffon said he loved the kid. But most English fans don't watch other teams, let alone foreign leagues.

Gudmundsson is an average player who's having a purple patch and, as the media know about Don Fabio & Spurs, they just go for easy hits. But if he's really on our shortlist, God help us.

I’m all in on Solanke this summer. Been impressed by him every time I’ve seen him this season and would hope he has it in him to step up a level.

Saying that, I’d not be too perplexed if we spunked a load of cash on Osimhen, Vlahovic or Lautaro Martinez instead.

Also, still very impressed by Antonee Robinson this season. Pretty sure he’d be up for POTY awards if he played for a bigger side.

Except for the obvious Tanguy, GLC, Gill, Sess, I’d keep most of who we have. Borderline players like Skipp and Rodon would continue to add fine depth for more matches next season. Particularly Rodo, if he is happy to hang around. Unsure we could buy a fourth choice CB for the money we’d get for him, or the low salary I assume he’s on.

Saying that, I’d not be too perplexed if we spunked a load of cash on Osimhen, Vlahovic or Lautaro Martinez instead.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

I’m all in on Solanke this summer. Been impressed by him every time I’ve seen him this season and would hope he has it in him to step up a level.

Also, still very impressed by Antonee Robinson this season. Pretty sure he’d be up for POTY awards if he played for a bigger side.

Except for the obvious Tanguy, GLC, Gill, Sess, I’d keep most of who we have. Borderline players like Skipp and Rodon would continue to add fine depth for more matches next season. Particularly Rodo, if he is happy to hang around. Unsure we could buy a fourth choice CB for the money we’d get for him, or the low salary I assume he’s on.

Think I saw Solanke has the best conversion percentage of big chances too.

This system is crying out for someone who can just stick the ball in the back of the net, but also provide something else for certain games and certain set ups. Solanke ticks pretty much every box.

Helps that he's HG too.

Think I saw Solanke has the best conversion percentage of big chances too.

This system is crying out for someone who can just stick the ball in the back of the net, but also provide something else for certain games and certain set ups. Solanke ticks pretty much every box.

Helps that he's HG too.
Conversion rate is obviously important. However, seem to recall that Chris Wood is one of the top players for this season. Signing him wouldn’t be to my taste.

Back
Top Bottom