Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
The simple fact is this:

Sanchez and Dier are still going to be our CB options at one point this season.

It’s fucking scandalous negligence.

Maybe Sanchez only as our 4th choice could be understandable but Dier as well???

For the 3rd maybe 4th summer in a row we have gone in needing x2 CBs and again only bought 1.
If/when Cuti and/or Micky are unavailable, I'd rather play Big Ben or Emerson at CB than Davs/Dier/Tanganga. I'd much rather give the younguns Ash & Dorry a go before Dier...heck, even PEH I'd trust more.

If Davs stays on as a 5th pick, then so be it, but I think that's a roster spot - and big cash - wasted. Shame for the lad too.

Dier can eff right off...guy didn't even try last season.

Tanganga's value is in that he's HG. But now we've got Ash...

But you realise that not every player is like Kvara and KMJ right?

All you've done is selected 2 players we missed out on and just assumed that Orban will be the exact same situation as the these two, what is that exactly based on?

There's a million players who get transferred to bigger clubs/leagues that don't make it and flop so your point is kinda meaningless.

At the end of the day neither of us know how he will end up but what I'm saying now is that signing him now when we already have a striker who is out of sorts is a bit reckless.
Those were indeed the players I used in the post.

I agree that bench options are very important. I think you're being very harsh describing Skipp as a "pretty poor" player to be honest, I agree he is raw, but he has facets of his game which Ange can work on and turn him into a very servicable 6. And besides, I don't think Skipp will see a lot of action once Bentancur is back fit, it seems logical that Bentancur and Bissouma will start in the 6/8 spots and Sarr will be our first pick off the bench, which, with 1 game a week for the large majority of this season, is actually very very good depth off the bench for the CM spots.
I agree we have poor depth off the bench in most of the rest of the squad, Royal and Perisic pretty solid and offer something different, but very noticeable downgrades when it comes to LB, CB, AM, RW.

Note: He resents Skipp cos he thinks we should close our Academy.

Manager have of course bought shite players before and will do in the future. What a clown to think managers get all transfers right. Aiming higher than Richarlison and Brennan with a £110 million is a wet dream....

If you want the manager backed then you listen to what he wants and you trust him.

I'm not saying manager's don't get it wrong but with this manager and his track record he deserves to be listened to and deserves backing otherwise what's the fucking point?

You can wish to 'aim higher' all you want, what I want is a cohesive and progressive football team and the manager to be happy because we are seeing his vision though, if he think that Johnson is the one and the club are listening to him then we should all be happy - it's literally what you have been asking Levy to do.

Ordinarily you’d say this was made up….

But with Daniel..

The first one isn’t far off really

So peeps think BJ is overpriced yet it is a joke to offer what's essentially around 32m at the beginning of the window knowing Forest willcome back a counter offer no matter what your first bid is?

You guyzzz! :pocheyes:

I also ignored 7 goal scorers for City, who between them scored 13 goals.

We are arguing about hypotheticals, the player's most productive seasons as a guide seems fair enough. We can't really know how many these players will score. And if you're gonna take issue with made up numbers, maybe don't mention Johnson, seeing as he's not actually signed for us yet.

The basic point is that we'd have to assume that almost every player scores at or higher rate than their best ever in a season.

Are you really expecting any of these players to contribute enough to see us scoring 2 goals a game for the entire duration of the season? There are only 11 players on the pitch at a time and only 90mins a game, if Johnson and Son play a lot Kulu and Solomon will necessarily get fewer opportunities to score.

Perisic has one PL goal in his career, Gil has none, Romero's highest tally in a league season is 2, PEH will be riding the bench... probably for United or Atletico.

I can't be bothered to go point for point on all this but you're being so inconsistent in all this... And some of it is just flat out not true.

I can't be bothered to go point for point on all this but you're being so inconsistent in all this... And some of it is just flat out not true.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

I’d rather get something for PEH now and we still need to bin Tanguy but overall I’d be OK with the end of the window if it ends like it’s being reported

The failure was to expect Richy to be our #9 but that was last summer’s mistake.

Back
Top Bottom