Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
The problem is that your bringing him in as a backup for Richarlison, I don't know if we can afford to have 2 players who could potentially be duds vying for the same spot, if it were Kane I'd probably understand.
You are describing the same fear that caused us to miss out on Kvara and Kim Min Jae.

You are basically saying we aren’t signing him in case he’s a dud.

Richarlison is a different player that was signed to be ready now for 60m

These are the offers you get when clubs know you have to sell.

Do you just take the best offer or lose him for nothing in the summer ?
The simple fact is this:

Sanchez and Dier are still going to be our CB options at one point this season.

It’s fucking scandalous negligence.

Maybe Sanchez only as our 4th choice could be understandable but Dier as well???

For the 3rd maybe 4th summer in a row we have gone in needing x2 CBs and again only bought 1.

These are the offers you get when clubs know you have to sell.

Do you just take the best offer or lose him for nothing in the summer ?
That's a little under £8m. For that kind of money I'd rather lose him for free next season.

50m signing.

PR effort afterwards.

Avoiding a massive amount of other questions and counter debate.....

So long as it's in that order then, stop and think for a second......... Who the fuck cares???

....You're always harping on about PR. It's not that deep.

The simple fact is this:

Sanchez and Dier are still going to be our CB options at one point this season.

It’s fucking scandalous negligence.

Maybe Sanchez only as our 4th choice could be understandable but Dier as well???

For the 3rd maybe 4th summer in a row we have gone in needing x2 CBs and again only bought 1.

Im sorry you didn’t get everything you wanted. If you thought the club will fix all its roster issues in one window, that’s naive on your part.

There must be something I'm not getting...

We're apparently about to spend over half the money from selling our record goalscorer to bring in a relatively unproven non-goalscoring winger in an area where we already have Kulu, Solomon, Gil and Porro at a pinch.

What's the attraction?
That the manager knows a little more about how he wants to play his system than we do, perhaps?

Few nice cameos from PEH and suddenly he can stay ?

He only has 2 years left on his deal. Not in Ange’s future plans.

Sell him to any club offering over £30 mill
Player who has been mostly solid to good for us in defensive systems over 3 years, fans and journalists decide by themselves that he's for some reason not a fit for a progressive team, people for some reason decide he only passes the ball backwards. He's a great squad option for midfield depth, we'll finish higher this season with him than without him, unless we have a good replacement lined up. If a legit £30m plus bid is made then fair enough, but there's probably 10 players I'd be actively trying to move on before Hojbjerg.

You are describing the same fear that caused us to miss out on Kvara and Kim Min Jae.

You are basically saying we aren’t signing him in case he’s a dud.

Richarlison is a different player that was signed to be ready now for 60m

Well no I'm not actually, I just literally explained the context of my argument and you've just re-shaped it into something else.

I'm saying that it's a complete risk if we go into the season with 2 players who aren't firing, if Rich was banging in goals left right and centre then I think I'd be okay with it because we wouldn't need to rely on him so much and the pressure on him wouldn't be so great.

At the moment though we need someone to hit the ground running, how can you be so sure that will be the case with Orban?

Not every player we miss out on will be a cast iron hit.

Im sorry you didn’t get everything you wanted. If you thought the club will fix all its roster issues in one window, that’s naive on your part.

This was sarcasm?

Surely every single Spurs fan went into this window thinking the CB situation was the bare minimum after conceding a stupid amount of goals last year.

There have been great signing s and the coach has made a great start.

But step back and look objectively at what the club has actually done and always done.

They sold Harry Kane this summer.

Back
Top Bottom