Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let’s also remember we should get

25-30 for PEH
5-10 for Dier
5-10 for Sanchez
5-10 for Ndombele
10-15 for Reguilon
0-5 for Lloris
5-10 for Tanganga
10-15 for Spence

Even being quite conservative that’s 70M plus 10 for Winks..

We’d break even! I get it, it’s not football manager we’d prob need to keep one of Dier/Sanchez and some will be hard to shift (Reg) but nothing there is hugely unreasonable.

We have to get a move on with these outs..

Mate... All that is never happening.

Realistically; most of that is loans, refusals to leave and maybe freebies.

another quite day, so as always he's some fresh inside scoops from the always reliable ITKS.

From COYS (Prof). I know some of you love a cryptic!

For those who like such things, a cryptic from Galahad:

"Hefty bid made for Jonathon David

:shrug:

Non-cryptic from another source: "Still plugging away to strengthen the CB position. Aim is to get in one more; possibly two if we can shift Sanchez or Dier."

And one more: "Would like both a winger and a striker, however the former is considered a higher priority. Although we continue to work on it, our top target on the winger list looks like he's going elsewhere. #2 has a release clause above our ceiling valuation. So we're moving forward with options #1 and #3 in parallel. All of them Ange-approved."

________

Hotspur88 :ledley:

We've had a longstanding interest in David so doesn't surprise me one bit if we've put a big bid in for him.

Jonathan David

Ridiculous. Orban is not worth €30m given the risk unless a significant amount is dependent on performance.

I don't get it tbh.... How little should he be priced at?

That's £25m.

If we're not too convinced about the lad then we should have just walked away weeks ago.

If we're keen then, offer them £20m + £20 add ons........ If he's a hit then we won't give a shit about the extra 20m and if he's not; well we were happy enough to punt a similar amount on Veliz so what's the diff?

Is David really £30m less risky than Orban? We've had a tonne of duds from France so it's hardly a risk free market.

Orban 30M
Eze 70M
Tosin 20M

120M, we got 100 for Kane… okay the eze money is steep but the boy has incredible talent.

Let’s also remember we should get

25-30 for PEH
5-10 for Dier
5-10 for Sanchez
5-10 for Ndombele
10-15 for Reguilon
0-5 for Lloris
5-10 for Tanganga
10-15 for Spence

Even being quite conservative that’s 70M plus 10 for Winks..

We’d break even! I get it, it’s not football manager we’d prob need to keep one of Dier/Sanchez and some will be hard to shift (Reg) but nothing there is hugely unreasonable.

We have to get a move on with these outs..

A player like Ndombele we ned to pay 20m to go away, not get money in

I don't get it tbh.... How little should he be priced at?

That's £25m.

If we're not too convinced about the lad then we should have just walked away weeks ago.

If we're keen then, offer them £20m + £20 add ons........ If he's a hit then we won't give a shit about the extra 20m and if he's not; well we were happy enough to punt a similar amount on Veliz.

Is David really £30m less risky than Orban? We've had a tonne of duds from France so it's hardly a risk free market.
Risk needs to be priced in.

Lille paid €27m for Jonathan David from Gent so they obviously feel that’s a fair price for a player who has scored more goals.

Supply and demand will be at play here. If we feel that another 30m gets us a player who is ready for the next two seasons instead of several years of development…

I think that this has to be seen in the light of current fees with United paying more than twice that for Hojlund.

Just trying to think when the last time an EPL team spend as little as £25m on a striker...... What did it buy them?

Newcastle / Chris Woods - 20m

Any other names???

Back
Top Bottom