Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Based on two games? My point was that it only happens in an extreme set of circumstances.

Systems are systems and are not based around one given individual. You might be right. You might also be wrong.

I'm not in the business of hobbling horses so I can say "I told you so" but I guess we might find out at some stage this season.
If he had to fill in then fair enough enough but VDV is a centre back or orthodox LB if needed. I wouldn’t want to see him going in narrow to left centre mid to receive the ball with his back to goal though 🤣🤣🤣

I hope the David rumours are true. I'm biased as a Canadian, but I really like him. He's a good finisher, works hard and from the limited viewing of Ange and his system, I think David would fit the system well.

And yeah, maybe Orban would be amazing if his growth continues, but it's been a short rise for him. Maybe we should buy both and if we end up with two good young CFs, that's not the worst problem for a club to have.
From what I’ve saw of him in games is he’s not lightning quick,but has got a turn of pace,can finish and very unselfish as he sets his team mates up when in a better position. Saw him against PSG last season and didn’t really know who he was but he was really good that night that he made me take notice. Definitely see why there would be interest if it’s true.

I hope the David rumours are true. I'm biased as a Canadian, but I really like him. He's a good finisher, works hard and from the limited viewing of Ange and his system, I think David would fit the system well.

And yeah, maybe Orban would be amazing if his growth continues, but it's been a short rise for him. Maybe we should buy both and if we end up with two good young CFs, that's not the worst problem for a club to have.
From what I’ve saw of him in games is he’s not lightning quick,but has got a turn of pace,can finish and very unselfish as he sets his team mates up when in a better position. Saw him against PSG last season and didn’t really know who he was but he was really good that night that he made me take notice. Definitely see why there would be interest if it’s true.

Good to hear this.

Ange does like players that link with others well.

All is very quiet regarding any incomings or outgoings. Even if we don’t get rid of a few I’d rather the club paid them off if that meant getting another couple in. Another couple of quality players added to what we have and we could be going places even as early as this season.
In saying that there is absolutely no chance we’ll pay off players 🤣

That is how Forest play so that's how we know Johnson, and yes, he's good on the counter. I could still see him taking on defenders out wide even if the opposition have dropped deep. I love Eze's flair but out of possession he's not busy enough to be in a team with Maddison and Son. At least that's my take

I definitely take that point, about his off ball work, but I would just hope it’s something that can be worked on, as I don’t think he’s inherently lazy.

What’s Johnson’s off ball work like? I genuinely haven’t paid much attention to it.

Why can’t Levy get a CF and CB in now. It’s no problem to other clubs and clearing others out first is a nonsense excuse. Levy does this all the time leaving it to the last day.

I actually like our starting XI, the problem for me is the rotation options. We’re an injury away from a real drop off in quality.

We need another CB, I don’t like any of our options.

As far as the midfield goes, I think Lo Celso is an ok option for Maddison for now so another 10 shouldn’t be a priority.

We’ll probably still need another midfielder, there’s no guarantee that Bentancur will be match fit when he comes back. Also PEH might be gone. If Gallagher or Kalvin Phillips are available for decent fees, I’d take one of them.

And then maybe another attacker? Perisic and Solomon are ok I guess but I’d like to see someone with a bit more quality in case one of our forwards gets injured.

Is GLC actually any more offensive than Sarr? He’s a tricky, skilful player but lacks punch IMO. Weak

I think it's more of a difference in style and skill set more than one being more offensive than the other. I think Gio has a little bit more of an eye for creating opportunities and comfortable in tight areas, but Sarr has a quickness and proactiveness about him. Both can do well in the system but are just different players so can fit different needs.

55m seems pretty damned expensive... I've never seen him play. He really worth that?

Not good news in operation shift PEH

I think we have far more pressing issues than getting rid of Hojbjerg so I'm not bothered at all if we kept him. I think he'd be more bothered to stay than to have us keep him around. He can be plenty useful at times this season, which I cannot say for probably 7-8 others.

another quite day, so as always he's some fresh inside scoops from the always reliable ITKS.

From COYS (Prof). I know some of you love a cryptic!

For those who like such things, a cryptic from Galahad:

"Hefty bid made for Jonathon David

:shrug:

Non-cryptic from another source: "Still plugging away to strengthen the CB position. Aim is to get in one more; possibly two if we can shift Sanchez or Dier."

And one more: "Would like both a winger and a striker, however the former is considered a higher priority. Although we continue to work on it, our top target on the winger list looks like he's going elsewhere. #2 has a release clause above our ceiling valuation. So we're moving forward with options #1 and #3 in parallel. All of them Ange-approved."

________

Hotspur88 :ledley:

We've had a longstanding interest in David so doesn't surprise me one bit if we've put a big bid in for him.

Back
Top Bottom