Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

View: https://twitter.com/sachatavolieri/status/1692868876441194752?s=20

Levy, missing out on a transfer from dithering and taking too long to decide?

I am shocked. We are shocked.

I guess it's just as well that there wasn't a Spurs fan alive that believed Levy had the ability to sign a plyer with this type of profile...

The strange one is Orban. He's not expensive like Tapsoba or Kolo Muani. Can't really understand why the club have also decided to make him a "We Tried" transfer as well by dithering until other clubs came on line.

This guy can't even get the clubs name right.

I guess it's just as well that there wasn't a Spurs fan alive that believed Levy had the ability to sign a plyer with this type of profile...

The strange one is Orban. He's not expensive like Tapsoba or Kolo Muani. Can't really understand why the club have also decided to make him a "We Tried" transfer as well by dithering until other clubs came on line.

What utter nonsense. As if a player is going to reject his favoured option just because it took too long for them make their move. Seems a million times more likely that we were just never his favoured option, given our recent woes. People on here sometimes talk about players 'stealing a living', it's nothing compared to what so-called journalists do. 😂

We need reinforcements, if we can't get fees for our cast-offs then send on loan or rip up contracts.

Can't we agree to a mutual termination of Hugo's contract? What sort of fees does Levy think we can get for an old keeper that is past his best?

We finished 8th last season, teams around us are spending money, we sold our best player a week ago and since then? Nothing, nada, sweet fuck all.

It's quite disturbing.

We probably don't want a fee for Hugo just his new club to pay his wages?

Meh isn’t he going for like £80m to PSG?

That’s not dithering that’s just an unrealistic price

I don’t mind not overpaying for him

Barring Ndombele - surely there's clubs that will take the rest of the players?

Hugo - Numerous clubs linked. Faffing about at his end.
Dav - Had 3 offers on the table earlier in window, told he could choose.... All gone quiet until new link surfaced a couple of days ago,.
PEH - Linked to Atletico all summer, but AM acting like they don't get CL dosh every damn year.
Reg - Loan offers only.... Will probably happen before the window closes tho'.
Japh - Now linked to Luton & AC Milan....... Won't start for either so no way he accepts Luton loan until AC are confirmed not an option.
Dier - Think links to a few PL clubs; but wants to stay.

+ Ndombele - Refused Turkey..... Otherwise; known dosser

(Of course none of this equates to a solid outcome; but the idea that nothing is happening and it's all just held up by Levy wanting big money is simply not true.....)

I don't believe in buying out contracts but also you have to pay the wages regardless.

You're losing that cash if they just sit on the bench getting splinters in their arse anyway.

Which is why if no sale, then loans are preferable.

We probably don't want a fee for Hugo just his new club to pay his wages?

Maybe they won't, or not all of it but if that gets us some money back and off our books isn't that worth it?

I'd rather that than he stays until next summer and then walks out on a free. Same with some other players we want to get rid of.

Or we keep them all become nobody wants them or willing to pay the required price of won't agree to pay x % of their wages and they all stay, stinking out the place.

I know what Ange would prefer but how about you?

By the looks of it you do need a lecture. We should be aspiring to be the best team we can be rather than focus on other teams not doing well.

It's ironic, cos someone will be lecturing you or I for lacking ambition again before too long.

Last edited:

Try so desperately to find any shred of evidence to go against Levy when you in fact were the one who said that Paratici is in charge of recruitment when the story doesn't even add up anyway

Laughable.

The tweet mentions this as the source - no mention whatsoever of Spurs.

So this prat whose tweet you've posted has made it up to make it more interesting - and you've fallen into his trap ! He describes himself as a 'media personality' ....... not a football expert , but he does need media exposure which you've kindly given him.

View: https://twitter.com/Santi_J_FM/status/1692852149531685195?s=20

You’re taking the word as gospel of someone who can’t even spell our club’s name correctly?

....Nor know the difference between TO and FROM. : P

Seemed like he's been linked to PSG for most of the window........ When was he deemed to be 'available' to Spurs?

I assume no-one here actually knows or how that alligns with the other activities within our trf window (Kane sale being one very pertinent example)......?

Last edited:
What utter nonsense. As if a player is going to reject his favoured option just because it took too long for them make their move. Seems a million times more likely that we were just never his favoured option, given our recent woes. People on here sometimes talk about players 'stealing a living', it's nothing compared to what so-called journalists do. 😂

We heard similar shit about Diaz; but we were never his prefered cub either.

Yeah that guy is on the wind up. Sure we could’ve gotten Kolo Muani we also could’ve gotten Tapsoba and my guess is we maybe even could’ve gotten Eze; it’s just that they’re demanding totally crazy prices for them.

I don’t see Muani as a £80m+ player to spunk the entire Kane money on. That’s fine.

The problem is that we haven’t brought in any front 3 player aside from Fulham’s rotation winger on a free. Not that we didn’t fork over gigantic fees for Muani.

The tweet mentions this as the source - no mention whatsoever of Spurs.

So this prat whose tweet you've posted has made it up to make it more interesting - and you've fallen into his trap ! He describes himself as a 'media personality' ....... not a football expert , but he does need media exposure which you've kindly given him.

View: https://twitter.com/Santi_J_FM/status/1692852149531685195?s=20

"Twitter rumours don't matter"
"Not proper sources"

Richard Arlison Richard Arlison - Aug 2023

Barring Ndombele - surely there's clubs that will take the rest of the players?

I don't believe in buying out contracts but also you have to pay the wages regardless.

You're losing that cash if they just sit on the bench getting splinters in their arse anyway.
Wages, wages, wages.

You think Kyle Walker stayed at City for football reasons?

City offered him a better deal (more money) to stay. This guy earns 8M a year and he re-signs for a little more money.

That's what football is today. Put that in your transfer window pipe and light up.

Back
Top Bottom