Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
You don’t see any similarities between the club’s actions this summer and any other summer?
Conversely, don't you see the similarities with other clubs?

For example, if you talk to woolwich fans (shudder...) won't they same much the same about Pepe, Tavares, Nelson, Elneny, Soares, Holding etc as we say about our deadwood? Doesn't every club have some deadwood that's hard to shift? (Apologies if anyone doesn't consider any of those deadwood - I admit that was a list lazily compiled by just looking through the squad).

Not necessarily saying they are the same exactly, just that for all clubs it's not easy to shift deadwood, that doesn't apply just to us.

I don't think that is true.

It is true.... You may have had a differing opinion at the time, but it was absolutely true none-the-less.

Check the Hugo thread at that time for clarification.

Should we have signed a younger GK as #2 to ensure a smoother transition to post-Hugo times?

Absolutely....... And we did....... Gazzaniga, Giollini..... Neither stepped up tho'.

(Keeper contingency isn't as straightforward as one might depict...... Look at the froth caused by about the scum signing Raya on top of Ramsdale...... Most pundits are saying that it's a recipe for stress & drama..... It's not like signing 2 x DMs and letting them fight for minutes and rotation...... You need to pledge your confidence in a GK and let them 'run'.)

Anyone at all bemoaning a lack of a striker (of repute) already signed-up or all but sealed has my backing 100%.

I completely accept we cannot compete in all reality with the biggest clubs or those now bankrolled by filth states, but you cannot sell one of the world's best strikers for 100 million pounds and not replace them.

Nothing in any book of mine tells me that is reasonable, acceptable or designed to see a club compete.

And regardless of this evening's game which is most likely going to showcase that lack pf striker will change that viewpoint. Nothing..

It's beyond any dictionary definition of imcompetent.

would 100% take Newcastle’s Saudi’s or any rich billionaire regime over Levy/ENIC. A tried and failed strategy that has accumulated a pathetic 1 league cup in 23 years. Still, he never learns and continues to do the same thing every summer. Cunt!!!

Anyone at all bemoaning a lack of a striker (of repute) already signed-up or all but sealed has my backing 100%.

I completely accept we cannot compete in all reality with the biggest clubs or those now bankrolled by filth states, but you cannot sell one of the world's best strikers for 100 million pounds and not replace them.

Nothing in any book of mine tells me that is reasonable, acceptable or designed to see a club compete.

And regardless of this evening's game which is most likely going to showcase that lack pf striker will change that viewpoint. Nothing..

It's beyond any dictionary definition of imcompetent.
Very true but, levy would not have a problem not replacing Kane.
Tonight could, well be another moment when this gets showcased as you say.
Less than two weeks left of the window, I think many are being optimistic if, they think three more are coming in.

would 100% take Newcastle’s Saudi’s or any rich billionaire regime over Levy/ENIC. A tried and failed strategy that has accumulated a pathetic 1 league cup in 23 years. Still, he never learns and continues to do the same thing every summer. Cunt!!!
If we had Saudi dollars we would be serious competitors in no time at all.
Instead we are stuck with the failure bunch, for how long is anyone's guess.

I mean you couldn't get a bigger con artist if you tried. A weasel swindler is at the helm of our beloved club and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Our owner is a dodgy twat, our previous DOF is a dodgy twat who we still don't have the balls to actually properly get rid off.

Fucked beyond belief and its such a shame because Ange seems the perfect coach for us.

He looks a dumb arse and bit of a cocky Git.
Think he needs engage his brain with the rest of his body more. Atm looks abd behaves thick as two short planks and will defo cost us.
Animated GIF

I often wonder when that pic was taken....... Wondering if Gross was the one with the camera. :)
Not sure which pic you're referring to but I well remember CG turning up (late) to his first presser having just caught the tube from Heathrow and holding up a tube ticket proclaiming it to be the ticket to his dreams....Levy must have come across it when he was cleaning out Sugar's desk.

:levywhoa:

Very true but, levy would not have a problem not replacing Kane.
Tonight could, well be another moment when this gets showcased as you say.
Less than two weeks left of the window, I think many are being optimistic if, they think three more are coming in.

I am hopeful but I am also angry at this lack of stewardship.

It's unfathomable in truth.

do we have an owner that is currently being Investigated for dodgy shit?

did we gave a DOF that was found guilty of dodgy shit? that the club still wants to associate with?

are we currently 2 to 3 platers short of doing anything meaningful this season?

"Fucked beyond belief" - Get a grip.

Back
Top Bottom