Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
For one competition?

Need 2 players per position. Tanganga is off and Dier can’t do high line. If Sanchez goes and we get Tosin then we will need another.

If Tosin is really good and 3rd choice then obviously we can bring in a 4th choice but all our defenders will clearly need to be suited to high line and also half decent on the ball.

This is my opinion, part of the fun, I know lots will disagree. I think this window has once again turned into a bit of a shambles, other teams seem to be linked with players, then get their business done without too much fuss. We skirt around the edges, wondering if we can find an extra 50p down the back of the sofa. This window really should have been the start of a clear out, unfortunately it has not happened.

Need 2 players per position. Tanganga is off and Dier can’t do high line. If Sanchez goes and we get Tosin then we will need another.

If Tosin is really good and 3rd choice then obviously we can bring in a 4th choice but all our defenders will clearly need to be suited to high line and also half decent on the ball.

I don't think four first team centre backs are particularly needed in a one competition season.

We can revisit in the January window if we're feeling a bit thin but if Romero, van de Ven and another can't be trusted over the next 4 months and the likes of Davies, Dier or one of the youngster actually have to be called upon within that time, I'd be surprised.

This is my opinion, part of the fun, I know lots will disagree. I think this window has once again turned into a bit of a shambles, other teams seem to be linked with players, then get their business done without too much fuss. We skirt around the edges, wondering if we can find an extra 50p down the back of the sofa. This window really should have been the start of a clear out, unfortunately it has not happened.
I agree. I mean 2 new centre backs was a must at the start of the window. Still not done. Outs still at snails pace. I still we lack creativity. I'm not sure our wingers are good enough. Even with Kane i'd say its been barely adequate, without him its been nowhere near good enough. I like the Maddison and VDV signings and i'm all for signing kids like Phillips but unless we add another 3, maybe 4 proper first team players we're going to be reliant on Postecoglou being an utter genius.

anyone remember when we loaned ndombele to Lyon and Levy insisted on inserting a 54m buy option even though he was aware Lyon financially would never be able to exercise the option.

He inserted it because he actually thought he could somehow trick other clubs into thinking his value is around that figure.

We are absolutely fucked with such a delusional man at the the helm.

p.s. John Thomas John Thomas - fuck off you tedious, pointless troll.

Come to Joan

love-hug.gif

Back
Top Bottom