Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
It depends on how you equate success, we have finished above them in the league most seasons but we still have fuck all to show for it, I'd rather have some Trophies to show for the last 10 years, I'd trade a top 4 finish for a FA cup but unfortunately thats not what football is about these days, Its not just a Levy dig either, its just the money is in qualifying for the Champions league and not winning an FA cup.

Virtually anyone would, but that's not how it works (and not just for the reason you mentioned)..... Can you imagine during one of the seasons where the title felt like a real possibility, sacrificing league games to 'ensure' (yet not ensure) that we won an FACup qtr final?

We have a long list of shit cup exits during this period that really aren't a byproduct of top 4 holding the weight it does in the modern game.

Last edited:

His face looks really weird, reminds me of the 80's Monchici toys

please-help-id-this-monchhichi-v0-4ya8ergpit2a1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not gonna poo-poo Ange this early, so let's say I'm reserving judgement - because it's also entirely possible that the Aussie that went to Japan and then won the SPL with Celtic (who I could manage to the title) has a brand of football that just isn't going to work in the PL.

Still, enjoyed the match and hope for more of the same. Even calamity is a welcome improvement on the last few seasons of dire (and Dier) shit.

Why wouldn’t the Ange brand work in the PL?

Is this similar to people saying Pep’s brand wouldn’t work in the PL?

Palace were accusing Chelsea of tapping up Olise prior to activating buy clause. Chelsea publicly were adamant that they acted within the rules. I'm sure we'll find out in time, but I'm guessing they might have breached a few rules in negotiating with player, and the clause has now expired. New deal likely with the understanding he'll be let go next Summer, much like Caicedo

Fuck

I was really hoping that was true. Paratici being in the slammer is a massive reason for our transfers being so slow. We need a negotiator!

For one he aint in the slammer and its his picks we have bought this season, Vicario and Maddison he wanted last year, remember it was him that got us Bentancur Kulu and Bissouma 5 quality players at great value costing circa 120M.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom