Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
As I've said in the past, the sooner y'all come to grips with the fact that our owners are running the club as a business, the sooner you'll stop popping veins when they don't do what you would like them to.

If you want them to sell, the only way that would happen is if you're actually able to affect their bottom line. To which I say "good luck with that."

So bitch and moan all you want, but it'll be no different than living in a Caribbean island and complaining every day about the heat and humidity. It is what it is and there's really nothing you can do about it.
Not true though. The fans got Sugar out with some protests and threats. I’m sure a few attacks on Levy might see him stand down from his role as CEO, or sell up his stake to Lewis

I don't think it's fair really to just look at Ndombele and Lo Celso then say 'Poch couldn't spot talent.' He overhauled our squad when he came in and built a pretty bloody good one when he first came in, so unless he had absolutely no input on the successes, you have to say that he can pick a player, just that he doesn't have a 100% success rate.

There's not a single manager out there that does though.

GLC is one that I feel has a question mark over him though. I do feel that there is the talent there but, as you say, there were circumstances that led to him being a flop for us when he first got here. He had no injury history before us, was playing for Poch when he was fixated on that midfield diamond that failed badly, was in and out of the side through injury's etc, and would likely have been questioning being there with the manager churn.

Personally, I'd be happy to see if he begins to enjoy AP Football and starts to realise his own potential. He's first choice for his position with Argentina for a reason, and it's nothing to do with favouritism. Get him playing and we have a better midfielder than Liverpool will have with McAllister.

Ndombele I don't blame Poch for, as the vast majority of us felt he would be the perfect Dembele replacement.

If AP can get him playing anywhere near his potential, then that would vindicate the choice.

I'm not convinced he will, but I've seen stranger things happen.
I kinda hope he's still fixated with that midfield diamond.

3 weeks out from the start of the season.

*Unproven second choice (as the first choice was to expensive) goalkeeper and
*winger on a free who most Fulham fans will tell you was OK for his first few games
*maddison. Fine.
*NO cbs (we need at least 2)
*deadwood still there

not only are the “top 6” doing better than us, but teams like Aston Villa are embarrassing us
It’s a disgrace

SKY SPORTS UNDERSTANDS LOL :ange-lips::ange-blow::ange-lol:

7tem97.gif

Last edited:

We might get gazumped for Tosin.

It won’t be popular but I like Salisu. He’s clumsy and makes errors but I genuinely think he has real potential as a left sided ball player. Capable of very good moments/games. Still young enough to be developed.

I’d prefer him to Tosin although understand the HG factor is a thing.

3 weeks out from the start of the season.

*Unproven second choice (as the first choice was to expensive) goalkeeper and
*winger on a free who most Fulham fans will tell you was OK for his first few games
*maddison. Fine.
*NO cbs (we need at least 2)
*deadwood still there

not only are the “top 6” doing better than us, but teams like Aston Villa are embarrassing us
It’s a disgrace
You're the disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom