Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gawd is hate Woolwich. And gawd they frustrate me. They are in a position very similar to the position we were in 5/6 years ago. What’s do the do? Improve their team exponentially with 3 signings. What did we do? Clinton N’jie, N’Koudou and then nothing. I envy their ownership so much. We had the chance to properly win things and Levy sold us down the river. Nothing will change until that parasite is removed
Woolwich within the next year or two will probably be champions
In the meantime, we might qualify for Europa league things need to change.

Gawd is hate Woolwich. And gawd they frustrate me. They are in a position very similar to the position we were in 5/6 years ago. What’s do the do? Improve their team exponentially with 3 signings. What did we do? Clinton N’jie, N’Koudou and then nothing. I envy their ownership so much. We had the chance to properly win things and Levy sold us down the river. Nothing will change until that parasite is removed
You're right and wrong imo. They were selling players to pay for their stadium like us but just earlier. Not giving Poch money (when the club value had appreciated 1bn) is a complete fuckup

Andersen is a proper leader and organiser at the back, even with the potential signings of VDV and Tapsoba I didn’t see an obvious leader there, and Romero certainly isn’t one.

When you add in that we’re gonna have an inexperienced goalkeeper finding his way in the PL, the need for a strong voice back there is gonna be crucial. He would be a smart signing at the right price.
40m for a leader that sits on the bench?

He’s a good player but would be another perfect symptom of the shit show going on with the squad planning,

They were supposedly clearing a load out to start a rebuild. This would be just adding more clutter. Starting to look like Levy is going a bit senile tbh

He’s a good player but would be another perfect symptom of the shit show going on with the squad planning,

They were supposedly clearing a load out to start a rebuild. This would be just adding more clutter. Starting to look like Levy is going a bit senile tbh
How would adding a good CB be "clutter", when we currently have only one?

Adding any centre back right now would be clutter.

We need to get rid of players.

So you quote the 2 out of 11 players they got big fees for. Selling Pulusic and Koulibally for ~20M euros each shows massive loss on both players (combined cost was over 100M euros).

I didn't only ref 2 players..... I ref'd the Saudi deals too....... The fact is they fucked off a serious amount of wages in the process. Also, Apart from 2 fees you mentioned there's no major sacrifices in fee either.

Besides..... If we were offered 20m for Ndombele or Sanchez (similar OG pricetags) we'd rip their arm off.

Last edited:
A certain Trickster on the other site suggests Levy did his usual "I want to tweak these clauses" last minute bullshit on the Van de Ven deal, and pissed off a lot of people.

Unclear whether the pissed off parties were VDV & father, the agent, o r Wolfsburg.

Most likely all 3.

Plus Levy doubtless pissed off Ange as well.
Such an easy rumour/story to sell.

Because he has previous and the deal looks to have fallen apart.

A certain Trickster on the other site suggests Levy did his usual "I want to tweak these clauses" last minute bullshit on the Van de Ven deal, and pissed off a lot of people.

Unclear whether the pissed off parties were VDV & father, the agent, o r Wolfsburg.

Most likely all 3.

Plus Levy doubtless pissed off Ange as well.

These 3 things do not go together.

Back
Top Bottom