Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 you rate this lad, don't you?

Left footed or best on the left side?
Nope

Pacey and well suited to a high line?
Nope

Would’ve been great for our last coach in a deep block heading everything and pinging long balls?
Yep

Makes it look like we are back to not having a Danny la rue what we’re doing?
Pretty much

Levy is lost again IF this is really the case. This guy would cost 30-40m and we’d faff about trying to get him cheaper then not sign him

Must admit though, for the same sort of money I'd prefer Goncalo Ramos. I think he's quality and only 21 years old. The hatrick he got against Switzerland in the world cup was superb
He’s definitely an interesting one. Age makes him appeal more than Vlah for me too.

Still think most sensible thing to do would be getting a shit hot wing forward and playing Richy or Son up top.

You can find the best one for either wing. Maybe even that Diaby and you are adding to your squad. Then if you still need a #9 next call station no you can go looking

Again we should be all over it. Probably better than most of our midfielders in the ball carrying role. £25M surely worth a punt? We have donkeys in the squad with far less talent that should be gone. May be give them Rodon plus cash? At least he’ll be closer to wales😀

Nope

Nope

Would’ve been great for our last coach in a deep block heading everything and pinging long balls?
Yep

Pretty much

Levy is lost again IF this is really the case. This guy would cost 30-40m and we’d faff about trying to get him cheaper then not sign him

He's played on the left plenty of times it looks like and hes probably as suited to a high line as Vertonghen was.

He's better than Tosin by a considerable amount. However, for back up he'd cost more and doesn't have the HG link.

Looks to be great technically. But a downgrade on Tapsoba. Probably on par with van de Ven without the potential upside.

Oh great, another player like Maddison that we've been monitoring, considering, deliberating, masturbating over for years and years. We were linked whe he was at Lyon, Sampdoria and now Palace. Could have signed him for 20 mill and now he will cost 50-60 mill. Very smart

Very good defender, not quick but is smart, however he is best as a right sided cb. He would have been an ideal replacement for Toby imo
Exactly I’m sure we interested in him when at Fulham but patarici or whoever at the time fudnt fancy him for £25M. Great left foot I think. Now double the price but is 27. Again where is the joined up thinking! Surely if you spend that amount you go fir the younger player Mark G at palace s d is Hg. Alternatively get tabsoba and vdv who are both younger. Really amazes me we have been after then for weeks and now we are after Anderson.

I think the point is not that it's the fans that directly contribute to these things, but that it's the existence of fans, and in very large numbers, that enable them. With zero fans there would be no incentive to spend billions or amass billions in debt, nor for corporations to want to offer sponsorships.

2/3 of the things listed were sportswashing tho.

If we sell 5 defenders... Rodon, Tanganga, Dier, Davies and Sanchez... We would probably need at least 3...Am interested to see what combinations people would choose out of the ones we have been linked with... So:
Bremer 42m
Tapsoba 34m
Van der Ven 28m
Laporte 26m
Nelsson 23m
Ibanez 23m
Cambiasso 21m.
Do you go youth and speed, or experience and dependency.... A lot of the younger ones have loads of potential.... Difficult but what 3 would we choose........ If it came to it

And bringing it back to the football and the transfer window ...

Realistically we only need a maximum squad size of 22 players seeing as we have no European football. We currently have 31 players on the pre-season tour, with another 4 at home with injuries (Forster, Bentancur, Gil, Sessegnon). Assuming we will buy at least one CB that means we need to offload as many as 13 players in the next month or so. Not impossible, Chelsea are into double figures for departures already this summer, but they are being pragmatic with fees.

Pragmatism over fees has nothing to do with it in their case.

60m Havertz
55m Mount
+ a bunch of Saudi luck (or dodgyness)

It also assumes we are turning down bids on players when in truth there appears to have been little interest so far.

Nope

Nope

Yep

Pretty much

Correct

The centre back search is turning into a mess now......looks like weve backed away from VdV and Tapsoba and are now being linked with other random defenders we've been linked with in the past.

He's played on the left plenty of times it looks like and hes probably as suited to a high line as Vertonghen was.

He's better than Tosin by a considerable amount. However, for back up he'd cost more and doesn't have the HG link.

Looks to be great technically. But a downgrade on Tapsoba. Probably on par with van de Ven without the potential upside.
If this is what they are doing it’s because they don’t want to pay for their top or even second target AGAIN.

Watched palace several times, never saw this guy dribble or carry the ball forward, didn’t really see line breaking passes, I did see longer pings like Toby and guess decent. He does head everything as well.

Solid defender but doesn’t seem like he’s similar or data led like Tapsoba or VDV. But could be wrong

Oh great, another player like Maddison that we've been monitoring, considering, deliberating, masturbating over for years and years. We were linked whe he was at Lyon, Sampdoria and now Palace. Could have signed him for 20 mill and now he will cost 50-60 mill. Very smart

Very good defender, not quick but is smart, however he is best as a right sided cb. He would have been an ideal replacement for Toby imo

We aint buying him to play in Ange's high line. No chance. That journo hasnt got a transfer story right on us ever as far as I can remember. People need to stop believing everything they read.

Exactly I’m sure we interested in him when at Fulham but patarici or whoever at the time fudnt fancy him for £25M. Great left foot I think. Now double the price but is 27. Again where is the joined up thinking! Surely if you spend that amount you go fir the younger player Mark G at palace s d is Hg. Alternatively get tabsoba and vdv who are both younger. Really amazes me we have been after then for weeks and now we are after Anderson.
He is right footed, again it makes no sense to spend that much on a rcb when Ange desperately needs a left footed cb

Nope

Nope

Yep

Pretty much

Just soend the money on the original targets!

I think Van De Ven is the one we should be pushing for the most. He’s 22,just about to break into the Dutch team,lightening quick,left footed,can play left back and won’t be going to the African Nations in January. We need to sign a left footed centre back for the balance of the side and not Lenglet as first choice. Tapsoba looks the part and would love to get him too and between those two and Romero we’d be stronger than most teams in that position.

Just soend the money on the original targets!
Correct. If we got VDV and Tapsoba in I’m pretty sure we’d all be delighted with our transfer window. I also think it gives us a better chance of keeping Kane. Getting bentancur back from injury and with a new style and system then the whole thing would look a million times better than last season and many before that.

If this is what they are doing it’s because they don’t want to pay for their top or even second target AGAIN.

Watched palace several times, never saw this guy dribble or carry the ball forward, didn’t really see line breaking passes, I did see longer pings like Toby and guess decent. He does head everything as well.

Solid defender but doesn’t seem like he’s similar or data led like Tapsoba or VDV. But could be wrong

I don't think Andersen would be signed to be starter. I still think it's one of Tapsoba and VDV and another and he's under the "another" category.

Don't watch Palace often but he's always looked alot better than Guehi. But again, doesn't have that HG links like Guehi or Tosin have.

All better than Lenglet though.

Back
Top Bottom