Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It strikes me that certain players get so much shtik from fans.

Lucas is clearly a player Conte loves and yet a large group of fans seem to despise him. Extremely athletic, flexible position wise, very direct and causes our opposition problems especially as a substitute, chips in with the odd goal or assist, good team mate and never seems to complain, doesn't cost much in today's football climate and yet so many want rid of him. The footballing brain is lacking yes, but he has so many positives and there are so many ways to be an effective footballer and so few have it all.

Add that bonus that he will do so much getting Richarlison settled and its even more confusing to me. We could be doing so much worse on the squad than Lucas.

I'm not sure Conte loves him but there are probably 6+ players who Conte wants out before him this transfer window and Conte's happy to keep Moura as 5th forward - or if another is signed Moura is no 6.

But he seems a nice guy and popular in the squad, so he stays until next summer probably

Incorrect

He arrived after playing internationals for Argentina and it took him a number of weeks to get fit. He played for Poch in either one or two sub appearances (not even worth calling it a bit part) appearance before disappearing off to play for Argentina where he got crocked and by the time he recovered Morhino had taken over.

So his total appearances in first about 4 months was a couple of sub appearance under Poch

Did he want to play for Spurs or Poch ..... or just like a huge wage ....... and a place to recover between playing for Argentina

In total he completed 7 PL starts playing 90 minutes in two and a half seasons

Yes he had injuries but that's just taking the piss when he's always fit for Argentina
Also incorrect. (and indeed so was I)

Lo Celso actually recovered from the injury he suffered before Pochettino got sacked, came on in every game up to us beating Red Star 5 nil and was a starter in Pochs last few games for the club.

I’m not debating that Lo Celso has been a disaster of a signing, but the narrative that he was a waster from the start who never gave a shit about Spurs is just factually incorrect.

It strikes me that certain players get so much shtik from fans.

Lucas is clearly a player Conte loves and yet a large group of fans seem to despise him. Extremely athletic, flexible position wise, very direct and causes our opposition problems especially as a substitute, chips in with the odd goal or assist, good team mate and never seems to complain, doesn't cost much in today's football climate and yet so many want rid of him. The footballing brain is lacking yes, but he has so many positives and there are so many ways to be an effective footballer and so few have it all.

Add that bonus that he will do so much getting Richarlison settled and its even more confusing to me. We could be doing so much worse on the squad than Lucas.

Love is a bit strong. He was essentially immediately replaced in the starting XI as soon as a competent player arrived.

I do agree he's a good squad player though. If he wants to stick around there's no reason as far as I can see to force him out.

Who’s going to be watching and keeping an eye on Portsmouth constantly this season? :)
I really get too far down in the weeds with these loan signings. Scarlett I think might be a bit easier to keep an eye on because I'd fancy Parrott to play a lot more mins over the season.

Love is a bit strong. He was essentially immediately replaced in the starting XI as soon as a competent player arrived.

I do agree he's a good squad player though. If he wants to stick around there's no reason as far as I can see to force him out.
Lucas was not really ever in the starting XI, not consistently with any of our Managers. I would say that Conte loves his attitude and his work rate would likely be more accurate. You could argue Steve B had more to offer and he was behind Moura, Conte respects Lucas to the point he would experiment with him as a RWB which is arguably the largest hole we have at the moment. There are definitely at least a half dozen players he would rather move on.....of that I am convinced and rightly so. He wouldn't start for me either but comments like "he is shit" are misplaced
What do you expect?

anything more than an off the cuff response that seems to come from a 12 year old?

It's the kind of place you find dwarves putting on wrestling shows for locals at the local chicken wing chain restaurant.

Have fun!
Don't knock it until you have witnessed it while sucking down pitchers of stale beer with bags of ice tossed in them to chill it.

I was speaking from firsthand experience.
But were you at said wing chain for a wedding dinner and later end up in the Kanawha river in your boxers? Followed by a wedding reception at a bar called the Garage (which was literally an old service station,) with a Champagne fountain flowing with Natural Light, and the groomsmen singing karaoke to Hank Williams Jr?

Back
Top Bottom