Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1 game. His debut.
It's like suffering another 3 years of Moura because of that Hat Trick which was the same calendaring year.
We're not a charity. Tanganga is a liability both in terms of fitness and ability.

Tanganga is not a "liability" if rotated in against weaker sides and viewed as he ought to be- a rare young HG talent with a lot of upside. Being as desperate as we are for HG players of quality, we should be doing almost everything we can to keep and improve them.

I think we can all agree he can use some better handling than he has gotten the past couple of seasons. The injuries have been unfortunate but there's no reason to think that can't improve under Conte.

1 game. His debut.
It's like suffering another 3 years of Moura because of that Hat Trick which was the same calendaring year.
We're not a charity. Tanganga is a liability both in terms of fitness and ability.
He had the ability to put both Sterling and Grelish in his pocket in 1 game. And he may still flourish under Conte.
he may not make it, but giving up on the kid at this stage of his career, is in my mind is absolute bollocks.

Lies No GIF

If Conte has had a conversation with Rodon, and Rodon is cool with being 2nd string CB for one last year, and we save the money and try to sign Bastoni or else next summer, then I'm ok with it. My main concern is making sure we get Tanganga a season long loan in the prem or maybe even a CL/EL competing side abroad.

As is stands, we can wait out Forest over Spence as we already have the ideal number of wing backs- 5- and they all have either experience or future upside. (Despite our preferences, Reggie and Emerson still have fairly bright futures).

As we also have Tanganga and Davinson still, we can also afford to wait out Barca over Lenglet and drive a harder bargain with them.

Even if nothing much else happened other than loans for players like Gil, Sarr and the other kids its still have been a hell of a window. Heck even if we end up keeping Winks as the 5th CM it'd not be the worst thing in the world considering all the other improvements made.

As its stands we're in a pretty good position to drive hard bargains with all these clubs, and I don't really mind doing so.
Great post!

So much wrong with this tweet. Let me break it down:

Clermont Foot are demanding a minimum fee of £12M for Tottenham Hotspur transfer target Clermont Foot forward Mohamed Bayo this summer. Not sure why he has to specify that Clermont Foot are demanding a fee for a Clermont Foot forward. Unless they have demanded transfer fees for other teams' players in the past.

Bayo contributed to scoring 22 goals in the 2020/21 campaign to help Clement clinch promotion to Ligue 1. So Bayo helped Clement (Lenglet's first name) clinch promotion to Ligue 1. This guy is just throwing everything in the pot and this is what you get.

Just to add to your comments, when Barcelona extended his contract in 2020 (to 2026) they put in a buy out clause (mandatory in Spain) of 300m.

Whilst he's not played that much for Barcelona in the last season, I don't believe anyone extends a contract 2 years ago with a huge buy out clause without them being a reasonable grade footballer.
They always do ridiculous buyout clauses in Spain after Barca got caught out with 200m Clause for Neymar. Then PSG rolled up and paid it. The rule is that the buyout clause has to be paid in full, in cash , to La Liga. So not many, if any, can do it in reality.

So this lump of shit doesn’t show for 3 years, doesn’t even perform on loan at his previous club, and PSG see him as someone who is going to take them to the promise land?
I guess in today’s bizarre world it makes sense that this waste of money gets a dream transfer

Back
Top Bottom