Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What’s going on everyone, hope all is well at your end. I’ve just done a video on Clement Lenglet for those interested in finding out what they can expect from him in the Premier League. Contrary to what a lot of Barcelona supporters might say, there’s a quality player in there and one that will succeed in the right system. As always, I look forward to hearing your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have in mind, cheers!

Thanks for sharing, mate. I like your style!

:dierpochhug:

I kinda like Bayo, but he's no world beater and pretty sure he crashed into another car after a night of drinking at some point recently.

Assuming we sign Spence and Lenglet and another CB our squad could look like this:

1st XI2nd XI3rd XI
LLORISFORSTERWHITEMAN
ROMEROAN OTHERSANCHEZ
DIERTANGANGARODON
DAVIESLENGLETROYAL
DOHERTYSPENCEREGUILON
PERISICSESSEGNONGLC
BENTANCURSKIPPWINKS
BISSOUMAHOJBJERGNDOMBELE
KULUSEVSKILUCASCLARKE
SONSARRGIL
KANERICHARLISON

Obviously a few will leave but it's a shame that CE is going to United because IMO Lenglet, RWB and CB and Eriksen would have been the perfect finish to the window.
I can't think of a better option than CE.

Last edited:
You should get onto the club about this, they keep putting Sessegnon in the HG column. Maybe they didn't realise? Come to think of it, they put Kane in the club trained column too... the idiots
WFT are you on about? Sessegnon is HG as he has been registered at English clubs for over 3 years between 15 and 21, so yeah, should be in HG column.

This might be news to you, but Kane had also been registered to Spurs for more than 3 years between 15 and 21.

He's fit for 3 games a year and he's shit in 2 of them.
Can't give away squad spaces to someone who isn't able to even appear most of the time much less perform when they do.
most of his starts were under Nuno.
Against Dippers and Citey he was more than good.
He will never be VDV, but there is a fucking decent player in there.
let Conte have him for a year.
the kid is yid to his fucking bones and deserves a chance.

Whose real?

.... sorry ignore this

spartacus GIF

I’m real!

WFT are you on about? Sessegnon is HG as he has been registered at English clubs for over 3 years between 15 and 21, so yeah, should be in HG column.

This might be news to you, but Kane had also been registered to Spurs for more than 3 years between 15 and 21.

And they're both English. English players from the PL and EFL typically tend to be home grown. Because they're grown. At home.

I think he was making a joke. I just think it was so bad it missed the point and made him look silly.

most of his starts were under Nuno.
Against Dippers and Citey he was more than good.
He will never be VDV, but there is a fucking decent player in there.
let Conte have him for a year.
the kid is yid to his fucking bones and deserves a chance.
He didn't play either game against Liverpool this season.

1-1 at Anfield - unused sub

2-2 at Spurs - unused sub

Both Conte too. Not Nuno.

It may have been the home game with them at the end of the season before last but again another good performance. And for all the new players coming in that I love, I think there is always a place for a yid that committed to us.
he may need a year abroad at AC or Inter. But he don’t need writing off yet.

He didn't play either game against Liverpool this season.

1-1 at Anfield - unused sub

2-2 at Spurs - unused sub

Both Conte too. Not Nuno.

Just checked and Tanganga has payed 1 game against Liverpool. That's it. That was Dec 2019. Almost 3 years ago.
He is always injured. And for the very few games he's not injured, he plays badly more than well .
He was hopeless against Palace and Chelsea last season.

If we Lenglet is our only CB addition I will be seriously pissed off

If Conte has had a conversation with Rodon, and Rodon is cool with being 2nd string CB for one last year, and we save the money and try to sign bastoni or else next summer, then I'm ok with it. My main concern is making sure we get Tanganga a season long loan in the prem or maybe even a CL/EL competiting side abroad.

As is stands, we can wait out Forest over Spence as we already have the ideal number of wing backs- 5- and they all have either experience or future upside. (Despite our preferences, Reggie and Emerson still have fairly bright futures).

As we also have Tanganga and Davinson still, we can also afford to wait out Barca over Lenglet and drive a harder bargain with them.

Even if nothing much else happened other than loans for players like Gil, Sarr and the other kids it'd still have been a hell of a window. Heck even if we end up keeping Winks as the 5th CM itd not be the worst thing in the world considering all the other improvements made.

As its stands we're in a pretty good position to drive hard bargains with all these clubs, and I don't really mind doing so.

Last edited:
It may have been the home game with them at the end of the season before last but again another good performance. And for all the new players coming in that I love, I think there is always a place for a yid that committed to us.
he may need a year abroad at AC or Inter. But he don’t need writing off yet.
1 game. His debut.
It's like suffering another 3 years of Moura because of that Hat Trick which was the same calendaring year.
We're not a charity. Tanganga is a liability both in terms of fitness and ability.

Back
Top Bottom