Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your straw-manning mate.... That's completely nothing to do with the convo that was taking place; nor what I've said to you.

Again, we we're being sold the (tiresome) myth that somehow our attacking options are inferior.

Happy to take Sterling & Raphina.... But I'd still pick the front 3 we currently have for a big game,

CBs - Spurs
WBs - Chavs (although you could argue Perisic > Chillwel)
MF - Draw (For what we need in our system, we're set.....)
Attack - Spurs.

Our business isn't finished either.

Our attacking options are great, by far our biggest strength..

.. There’s no way you think Mount, Kovacic, Jorginho & Kante vs Bissouma, Bentancur, Hojbjerg & Skipp is a draw .. come on, present those options to some neutrals.

Defence wise will depend on business done.. their biggest links are to De Ligt & Kounde, ours to Lenglet..

You’re silly then. Lucas’ goals and assists record in the PL is much worse than his. 19 goals in 137 appearances for us, compared with 43 in 135 for Richarlson at Everton.
Fun fact: Lucas’ G+A/90 in the PL is better than Richarlison’s.

Richarlison offers more positional versatility and is just hitting his prime and should be a good fit for Conte, no need to pretend he’s levels above lucas though

Grumpy Cat Annoyed Face GIF

Fun fact: Lucas’ G+A/90 in the PL is better than Richarlison’s.

Richarlison offers more positional versatility and is just hitting his prime and should be a good fit for Conte, no need to pretend he’s levels above lucas though
I love Lucas but Richy is levels above him. He is far more versatile. And did all that in shitty Everton and Watford teams. Moura has had the likes of Kane, Son, etc around him.

Our attacking options are great, by far our biggest strength..

That's not really much of a concession on your part......

Unless you think their options are better, then your initial objection has been pretty pointless.

There’s no way you think Mount, Kovacic, Jorginho & Kante vs Bissouma, Bentancur, Hojbjerg & Skipp is a draw .. come on, present those options to some neutrals.

(Note the above caveat....... What we have suits us well.)

Defence wise will depend on business done.. their biggest links are to De Ligt & Kounde, ours to Lenglet..

GTFO..... Absolute shit-housing.

As stands we're better off (their best CB is a 38 y/o running fumes ffs!)....... We've too have been linked(*) to numerous high quality CBs and have already boosted up with a top class LWB.

(*Note "linked" on either side..... None of these players - RS, Fab, Digt, Kounde - you're using to prop them up have not signed for them yet!)

I don't get why so many of you insist on loading the deck against the team you support in these discussions..... It's like Hoddle on comms.

Last edited:
I would be very surprised if Lenglet is our only CB addition. It seems to me we’re adding Lenglet on the cheap because we’re likely also getting another right footed CB and need Lenglet for balance and rotation.

Ally Gold said today we’re likely looking to bring in two CBs. Bremer and Lenglet make a lot of sense and I’d be quite pleased with that.

That's not really much of a concession on your part......

Unless you think their options are better, then your initial objection has been pretty pointless.

(Note the above caveat....... What we have suits us well.)

GTFO..... Absolute shit-housing.

As stands we're better off (their best CB is a 38 y/o running fumes ffs!)....... We've too have been linked(*) to some numerous high quality CBs too and have already boosted up with a top class LWB.

(*Note "linked" on either side..... None of these players (RS, Fab, Digt, Kound) you're using to prop them up have signed for them yet!)

I don't get why so many of you insist on loading the deck against the team you support in these discussions..... It's like Hoddle on comms.

I’m sorry but I’m not having you say our midfield draws with Chelsea and the only area we’re better in is a singular wing back but then hear that apparently other people are the biased ones anti their own club. It’s ludicrous. I’d love to hear a perpective from neutrals on this.

As for the rest .. we’ll see regarding defenders, they will obviously sign some and we will obviously sign some. Currently their links are more impressive than ours in this regard, since Bastoni or Gvardiol look off the table.

I love Lucas but Richy is levels above him. He is far more versatile. And did all that in shitty Everton and Watford teams. Moura has had the likes of Kane, Son, etc around him.
I’m responding to a post claiming Richarlison’s goals and assist numbers are much better than Lucas’. They did not account for Richarlison having nearly twice as much time on the pitch.

Not sure how Richarlison can be levels above Lucas. They play different positions and have different skill sets. Neither would start for a top 4 team, both could start for a top half team. Both would be quality rotation options for us but wouldn’t get many minutes with Liverpool or City. The concept that Richarlison is far greater than Lucas is tenuous at best, driven by the sensationalism the transfer window brings. We want Richarlison because he can back up Kane and it seems like Conte wants him and there’s not much more to it.

I’m sorry but I’m not having you say our midfield draws with Chelsea

So be it......

You've managed to warp this waaay off piste from the context of anything that was initially being discussed anyway.

and the only area we’re better in is a singular wing back

You're fucking shitting me??????

but then hear that apparently other people are the biased ones anti their own club. It’s ludicrous.

No idea what your mission is here, but you still seem oblivious as to the discussion you waded into.....

(Read OG post if you're struggling.....)

What's your end game here?

(Hypothetical question at this point...... Don't answer on my account. )

The point about bias is that I'm sick of people using players that haven't even signed (!) for our rivals as a tool to batter us..... For the last week or so peeps of this ilk have been using Raphinha being an Arsen.al player as a stick to beat us with. Now look..... The cunts not going there, but no worries.... Quick shift of the goalposts and it's more of the same kicking; just with a different foot. It's relentless.

Acting as if the chavs have already signed Sterling, Raphina, De LIgt & Kounde; as a stick to beat us with? ...Really?

Fuck that and this BS faux-objectivity think you're bringing to the table(*).

.......Maybe you're not the worst proponent of this, but it's fucking exhausting.

(*A degree of bias toward one's club is only natural..... Going out of one's way to find reasons to criticise them - or weight an argument against them - damn well isn't.)

Last edited:
I’m responding to a post claiming Richarlison’s goals and assist numbers are much better than Lucas’. They did not account for Richarlison having nearly twice as much time on the pitch.

Not sure how Richarlison can be levels above Lucas. They play different positions and have different skill sets. Neither would start for a top 4 team, both could start for a top half team. Both would be quality rotation options for us but wouldn’t get many minutes with Liverpool or City. The concept that Richarlison is far greater than Lucas is tenuous at best, driven by the sensationalism the transfer window brings. We want Richarlison because he can back up Kane and it seems like Conte wants him and there’s not much more to it.

This really isn’t true. Moura has played quite a lot for us the last three seasons. He’s played 5,428 minutes in the last seasons and scored 9 goals.

Richarlison has played 5,394 minutes through last two seasons, in a much worse side, and scored 17 goals. Basically double.

Further to this point Richarlison has played 11,129 league minutes at Everton and scored 43 goals. Moura has played 7,715 minutes at Spurs and scored 19 goals.

Moura also joined Spurs at the age Richarlison is now, so based on general age precedent Richarlison should just now be coming into his prime years where Moira’s are ending. And Richarlison significantly outperformed Moura’s prime years in his 20-25 year old seasons.

This really isn’t true. Moura has played quite a lot for us the last three seasons. He’s played 5,428 minutes in the last seasons and scored 9 goals.

Richarlison has played 5,394 minutes through last two seasons, in a much worse side, and scored 17 goals. Basically double.

Further to this point Richarlison has played 11,129 league minutes at Everton and scored 43 goals. Moura has played 7,715 minutes at Spurs and scored 19 goals.

Moura also joined Spurs at the age Richarlison is now, so based on general age precedent Richarlison should just now be coming into his prime years where Moira’s are ending. And Richarlison significantly outperformed Moura’s prime years in his 20-25 year old seasons.
I think the important point you are missing is that factually it is true. Convenient for you to leave off assists and to cherry pick which seasons you’ve counted though 👍

Let’s be honest about Moura, a ten minute spell v Ajax catapulted him to cult status, but he’s a pretty ordinary striker/winger when compared to the top players.

So much this.
One good transfer window won't fix all the harm done by the previous years.
Also some people lost their mind over the supposed 150m. cash, but that sum was impressive back in the early 2000.
Some team spend that much money pretty much every season or so. Let's see how will goes in the future.
I agree. But one Good transfer window would be great. Problem is, we have many jumping up and down, ranting and raving because we made 3 early transfers. We haven't had a 'Great' transfer window yet. We've had a relatively good start to the window but City, Liverpool and even Woolwich have had a few Great signings too. We haven't caught up and improved out squad more than them as yet. We still sit with the same Dead wood. Levy is asking way too much for average players. Time to cut losses. Loose unwanted the salary bills. I'd rather have one Bastoni than 10 Sanchezs. But for that, we need to actually pay the 50 million requested.

Richarlison has potential to grow. Moura pretty much has reached his ceiling.

The question though should be, 'Do we need to spend 50 million on Richarlison when, right now, he isn't that much more of a better player than Moura. They aren't the creative midfielders we need ( (Eriksen Type). Is the money not better invested elsewhere on the park, eg WBs, a GK, a AM (as mentioned), a world class CB.

I believe Conte must be the most frustrated manager around.

Richarlison has potential to grow. Moura pretty much has reached his ceiling.

The question though should be, 'Do we need to spend 50 million on Richarlison when, right now, he isn't that much more of a better player than Moura. They aren't the creative midfielders we need ( (Eriksen Type). Is the money not better invested elsewhere on the park, eg WBs, a GK, a AM (as mentioned), a world class CB.

I believe Conte must be the most frustrated manager around.

Moura and Son are 30. Kane is 29.

Yes, we need to spend 50m+ on a younger striker.

The fact the poster you're responding to has given that a disagree is laughable - literally proven his argument to be completely false, backed up with evidence.

Why can't people just hold their hands up? 😂

Back
Top Bottom