Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you miss the "aims for guarantee of first-team football" part of the tweet?
Yeah I read that but we'd be offering him CL football + a chance to be part of a team that could compete for a trophy. And it's not like he wouldn't get any starts. I would fully expect him to get 35+ apps across all competitions and start 15+ of those. I see him as a player that would rotate with our front three, not a super sub type of player.

If we want to really compete this season, we can't have subpar players on our squad. Every player needs to be potentially starter material at any given time - just like Liverpool, Chelsea, City etc.

So at present we'll probably line up like this.

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty Hojbjerg Bentancur Persicic
Kulusevski Kane Son

Where is the most pressing area to improve now? Hojbjerg? Davies? Dier even?

When is Skipp due to be back? Are we to assume that he'll come straight in for Hojbjerg?

Obviously we need a few more as the 5 subs come in next season - but it's not looking bad.

Bench includes

Forster
Sessegnon
Royale
Lucas
Bergwijn

I believe the way to look at it is to deduct the starting line up above (which I agree with) and then see how you would lay out the team.

A proper European cup, injuries, no easy game in the prem etc. We are going to need depth everywhere.

So at present we'll probably line up like this.

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty Hojbjerg Bentancur Persicic
Kulusevski Kane Son

Where is the most pressing area to improve now? Hojbjerg? Davies? Dier even?

When is Skipp due to be back? Are we to assume that he'll come straight in for Hojbjerg?

Obviously we need a few more as the 5 subs come in next season - but it's not looking bad.

Bench includes

Forster
Sessegnon
Royale
Lucas
Bergwijn
Most people would say RWB is the most pressing need. Personally, I have more faith in Doherty than most, I think CM is a bigger issue.

So at the very least we need a world class(ish) CM and RWB.

Plenty of people have expressed a wish for a forward. And we've been linked to people like Nkunku and Terrier (and others I think just those two stick in my mind)

Personally I want one that can play wide (or at least off centre) and dow the middle, so we can go for better quality than just a back up CF, who by definition will almost certainly be a worse option than Kane and spend most of the season sitting on the bench and only getting used for 10 minutes when we are 1-0 down and desperate.

If we get a decent wide/CF type they can get plenty of game time, so we can hopefully attract a better quality player (because they know they'll get game time), whilst also providing the first team with a genuine "change things up" option, rotation and in game (the new player or if he plays being able to bring on Son, Kane or Kulusevski etc).
Who do you recommend?

Do people think Spence would be a ‘comes straight in for Doherty’ signing or ‘provides competition’ signing? I’m sure both would get heaps of game time regardless next year, realistically if we are to sign Bastoni & Eriksen along with Perisic our RWB probably has to be homegrown.

Do people think Spence would be a ‘comes straight in for Doherty’ signing or ‘provides competition’ signing? I’m sure both would get heaps of game time regardless next year, realistically if we are to sign Bastoni & Eriksen along with Perisic our RWB probably has to be homegrown.

No disrespect to Tottenham - European Super League royalty, best stadium in England without an NG postcode, chicken badge, etc - but if Djed has a choice between Spurs and Forest I suspect he’s going to choose the latter.

He comes across as quite an introverted character despite appearances. He was alienated at Middlesbrough and said that he just wanted to go somewhere where he could enjoy his football again. He’s repeatedly said that he loves it at Forest, where he can truly develop his talent. Cooper is a top coach for young players and has built an amazing team spirit. Our style of play suits him. And Djed’s Mum also loves Forest and led our pitch invasion. So all signs are that he’d stay with us rather than sit on your bench and that would be the right thing for his career, IMO.

Basically, what I am saying is:

Warnock gave us Spence and said ‘he’s shite, he’s shite’,
Colin thought that Spence was shite,
But now he’s f**king dynamite,
And we all love Djed Spence down at the City Ground!

Last edited:
No disrespect to Tottenham - European Super League royalty, best stadium in England without an NG postcode, chicken badge, etc - but if Djed has a choice between Spurs and Forest I suspect he’s going to choose the latter.

He comes across as quite an introverted character despite appearances. He was alienated at Middlesbrough and said that he just wanted to go somewhere where he could enjoy his football again. He’s repeatedly said that he loves it at Forest, where he can truly develop his talent. Cooper is a top coach for young players and has built an amazing team spirit. Our style of play suits him. And Djed’s Mum also loves Forest and led our pitch invasion. So all signs are that he’d stay with us rather than sit on your bench and that would be the right thing for his career, IMO.

Don't think we'd sign him for £17m to sit on the bench mate

If he chooses Forest over Spurs, CL football for a relegation dogfight, Conte over Cooper then good luck to him, tells us more about his mentality and his ambition it anything, we don't need players like that.

But I suspect you're being a teeny bit bias though...

Don't think we'd sign him for £17m to sit on the bench mate

If he chooses Forest over Spurs, CL football for a relegation dogfight, Conte over Cooper then good luck to him, tells us more about his mentality and his ambition it anything, we don't need players like that.

But I suspect you're being a teeny bit bias though...
The lad has to do what he thinks is best for his career but agree with the mentality, shows weakness will damage his reputation. We don’t need those types of players and after a few months of players like Son, Diaz, Stirling ripping him a new one losing 3,4 nil every week his stock will drop and regret it.

Fuck off to your forum and the championship ya shit cunt.

: ostrich:

One week since promotion and he’s already tooling around other teams’ forums.

Here’s a tip - go and have a play on Woolwich Mania, or KUMB before cretinousgoat cretinousgoat wakes up…

Last edited:

If spurs come in for DS you won't see him for dust.

Personally I hope you're right as I think he will be torn a new one in the prem.

The lad has to do what he thinks is best for his career but agree with the mentality, shows weakness will damage his reputation. We don’t need those types of players and after a few months of players like Son, Diaz, Stirling ripping him a new one losing 3,4 nil every week his stock will drop and regret it.

If he thinks he isn't ready to make the step up to Spurs yet then fine, I'm not sure these type of opportunities come about too often though.

Honestly one of my favourite Spurs players.

Total loony but he absolutely loved playing for us. And still clearly loves us when he talks about the club in the media.

Think we were a complete contrast from Madrid and he fell in love with the game again.
Genuine man crush. I almost feel as though I know him and could go for a pint and get on with him like any other long time mate.

Back
Top Bottom