Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn’t blame Skipp for Woolwich game. PEH was same bad as him in that game but he showed what he can do the season before and in the last run this season. We didn’t see that much from Skipp. I hope he fulfills his potential but I watched Winks dominate Madrid in one game but never had a run.
You didn't see the win percentage with and without Skipp THIS season. He was excellent once shot of Nono. He will be a better player than Hojbjerg. Bet on it.

The people on that site never fail to amaze me

I can’t fathom the thought process behind believing these blaggers

How do these people survive in the real world ?

Here's the list for today:

NAMECLUBPOSAGECONTRACTTMARKT
KOULIBALYNAPOLICB302023
MAMARDASHVILIVALENCIAGK212024
HLOZEKS PRAGUEST192024
ATALNICERB262023
DESTBARCARB212025

The people on that site never fail to amaze me

I can’t fathom the thought process behind believing these blaggers

How do these people survive in the real world ?
They're making a joke out of themselves. Even Paul O Keefe takes the piss out of them.

Here's the list for today:

NAMECLUBPOSAGECONTRACTTMARKT
KOULIBALYNAPOLICB302023
MAMARDASHVILIVALENCIAGK212024
HLOZEKS PRAGUEST192024
ATALNICERB262023
DESTBARCARB212025
I want Mamardashvili just for his name.

Gianluca Scamacca has been mentioned as a possibility in this thread before Hercules (probably no surprise).

Plays for Seria A team Sassuolo as a Centre Forward making 36 appearances this season of which 25 were starts with 16 goals - but no assists which I regard as slightly worrying - and is the new 'blue eyed' boy for the Italian national team (3 caps) and now age 23. Doesn't seem to have played out wide much.

Last season 20/21 got 8 goals and 2 assists in 26 matches.

Decent speed, but not Son speed, reasonable hold up play but very much a striker and more a traditional striker.. Height 1.95m so a big guy about 6 foot 5 inches.

Obviously cover for Kane - but doesn't seem to be a player who could cover the other forward positions.

Classic problem will be that even if Spurs play 60+ matches next season, Kane will want to play 40 - 50 matches, so unless we can find a way that Kane drops back to a no 10 position allowing Scamacca to be centre forward, that he isn't going to play much. Can we do the same with him being Son's rotation option ? If so, we might get Scamacca up to playing maybe 40 matches with Kane and Son playing more like 45 matches each ?

Think I'd prefer a more flexible player able to cover all the forward positions - but that may not be possible ?

I dont know why a forward isnt on peoples list be it a wing forward type or a centre forward. We got lucky with Kanes fitness last season but lest we forget thinking we might have to pick a 17 yr old Troy Parrott or being desperate in January for literally anyone. We've got champions league and a world cup, even if Kane stays fit we need someone else to rotate and they need to be better than Vinicius/Janssen or even Llorente.

Plenty of people have expressed a wish for a forward. And we've been linked to people like Nkunku and Terrier (and others I think just those two stick in my mind)

Personally I want one that can play wide (or at least off centre) and dow the middle, so we can go for better quality than just a back up CF, who by definition will almost certainly be a worse option than Kane and spend most of the season sitting on the bench and only getting used for 10 minutes when we are 1-0 down and desperate.

If we get a decent wide/CF type they can get plenty of game time, so we can hopefully attract a better quality player (because they know they'll get game time), whilst also providing the first team with a genuine "change things up" option, rotation and in game (the new player or if he plays being able to bring on Son, Kane or Kulusevski etc).

Until Moura and Bergwijn are sold there is no real need for a CF/winger. Which top quality CF/winger is going to be happy with the playing time that these two are getting currently, and I suspect sess and Doherty are going to be used more as attacking wingers when needed

We should absolutely make a run for Jimenez. In addition to striker, I honestly think he can plan that AM/second striker role Son's playing. He could be a player that thrives in Conte's system and could compete for playing time and rotate with Son/Kane/Kulu. He's a proven player that's pretty versatile and well rounded. My guess is we could get him for 20 million. Absolute steal.

He'd get less playing time playing for us but we have CL football to offer and I don't think he'd be a player that plays 20 minutes a game. He'd definitely compete for a starting position, every week.

We should absolutely make a run for Jimenez. In addition to striker, I honestly think he can plan that AM/second striker role Son's playing. He could be a player that thrives in Conte's system and could compete for playing time and rotate with Son/Kane/Kulu. He's a proven player that's pretty versatile and well rounded. My guess is we could get him for 20 million. Absolute steal.

He'd get less playing time playing for us but we have CL football to offer and I don't think he'd be a player that plays 20 minutes a game. He'd definitely compete for a starting position, every week.

He hasn't been the same since his injury as you would expect, you used to be aggressive trying to win the ball but he is nothing like that now

Did you miss the "aims for guarantee of first-team football" part of the tweet?

Back
Top Bottom