Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chiellini said with Ronaldo in the team everything has to go through him... and that Juve were better without him.

Chiellini said that!

he strops, he's prob a nightmare in the dressing room, demands play go through him, players afraid to express themselves or pass to others that aren't him.

Ronaldo is not good for a team these days.
Yeah there's competitive and there's whatever the fuck Ronaldo is. I honestly fear for him when he retires.

He's basically nothing but training and celebrity PR. He's even got his 10 (?) year old son looking ripped. That boy's gonna struggle when Ronaldo turns his full attention to him.

I agree but that’s 3(?) managers who just haven’t fancied him now. They must see some fault in him that just isn’t evident to me when I see him on the pitch.
Suppose that’s why they get paid for and I have to accept that they have more football knowledge in their little finger than I will ever have. But it’s a puzzle.
Seems to play ok for wales?

I concede that it's been a bit of a pet peeve of mine for a long time. For me, there should always be a CM who has great movement in the final third and finishing, it's always felt like something that kept Poch Spurs from true greatness.

Watching the bucketloads of chances wasted by PEH, Sissoko and others over the years makes me think that there's a huge untapped resource for us. A CM who can bang one in front range, or run pas the striker (like PEH frequently does) makes it much harder for the opposition to just sit back.
Agreed, especially with a world class wing back like Perisic putting in quality crosses.

It’s why I love the McKennie idea, even though I doubt it happens. He is very good at getting into the box and finishing. With defenders keying on Son and Kane, and Perisic wreaking havoc, a guy like McKennie who can make a run and finish could be an absolute nightmare for defenses that currently don’t have to worry too much about PEH or Bentancur in that role).

I'm so contradicted when it comes to Bale. A part of me knows that it's not sensible at all to want him back and that he wouldn't work under Conte. The kid in me though wants to see him once more in a Spurs shirt, being cheered in front of a packed White Hart Lane, and helping Kulusevski develop even more.
Tbf his prbly still quicker than kulu😀

Defo on Conte's list I think which is the most important thing, you're right about us being a Kane injury away from becoming a much lesser team. Can't really rest him either which isn't great and we'll need to next season.
That's why I wouldn't mind us getting Bale back. He can cover the Kane role, he's a good enough footballer. He could cover Son, and he could play with both of them too. Still a great finisher, ready to come in and play in big games, or bully the shite teams in the league as and when.

I didn’t blame Skipp for Woolwich game. PEH was same bad as him in that game but he showed what he can do the season before and in the last run this season. We didn’t see that much from Skipp. I hope he fulfills his potential but I watched Winks dominate Madrid in one game but never had a run.

Chiellini said with Ronaldo in the team everything has to go through him... and that Juve were better without him.

Chiellini said that!

he strops, he's prob a nightmare in the dressing room, demands play go through him, players afraid to express themselves or pass to others that aren't him.

Ronaldo is not good for a team these days.

That's all fair. I'm team Messi anyway, and I literally phrased my post as a question for a reason. I don't watch them enough to know how much of an impact he had over the season, but the few times I did watch I grew very tired of his over the top, demonstrative, complaints about balls not being perfectly placed for him to tap home. Seems to blame anyone and anything for his own mistakes, can't be easy to play with someone like that, so like I said, all of that criticism is fair.

I honestly don't care either way. We all agree Son deserved to be on the short list before Ronaldo anyway.

You sure?

Kostic looking pretty hot in that chart, sir.
Bastoni and Davies- wow- pleasantly surprising.
Perisic = what we signed up for, yet glad to see him there.
Cucurella is a bit lower than you'd have thought. Hmm...
No Sessegnon but they took the time to put a label on Robert Gumny's useless dot? WTF?

Players around him become diminished as a result of him being in the team, he's too big a character and selfish and it affects the others, makes them nervous and always thinking about him rather than playing their natural game - Benzema and Fernandes are two examples.
It’s a shame that, just how good benzema is, he was Ronnie’s water carrier for 6 years

You Dont Say The Big Lebowski GIF

I didn’t blame Skipp for Woolwich game. PEH was same bad as him in that game but he showed what he can do the season before and in the last run this season. We didn’t see that much from Skipp. I hope he fulfills his potential but I watched Winks dominate Madrid in one game but never had a run.

Winks has never had a run in the team?????

You're nuts.

Back
Top Bottom