Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You aren't wrong, but he won player of the month in April. Did they get worse because of Ronaldo, or in spite of Ronaldo?

In April they only took 4 points from 5 matches, but he had 5 goals in 4 games. Hard to fault him for their results.

Yea I agree- put him in my adjusted short list.
Unbelievable how they could squander so much talent over at Utd.

I dont know why a forward isnt on peoples list be it a wing forward type or a centre forward. We got lucky with Kanes fitness last season but lest we forget thinking we might have to pick a 17 yr old Troy Parrott or being desperate in January for literally anyone. We've got champions league and a world cup, even if Kane stays fit we need someone else to rotate and they need to be better than Vinicius/Janssen or even Llorente.
Defo on Conte's list I think which is the most important thing, you're right about us being a Kane injury away from becoming a much lesser team. Can't really rest him either which isn't great and we'll need to next season.

You aren't wrong, but he won player of the month in April. Did they get worse because of Ronaldo, or in spite of Ronaldo?

In April they only took 4 points from 5 matches, but he had 5 goals in 4 games. Hard to fault him for their results.
Chiellini said with Ronaldo in the team everything has to go through him... and that Juve were better without him.

Chiellini said that!

he strops, he's prob a nightmare in the dressing room, demands play go through him, players afraid to express themselves or pass to others that aren't him.

Ronaldo is not good for a team these days.

Chiellini said with Ronaldo in the team everything has to go through him... and that Juve were better without him.

Chiellini said that!

he strops, he's prob a nightmare in the dressing room, demands play go through him, players afraid to express themselves or pass to others that aren't him.

Players around him become diminished as a result of him being in the team, he's too big a character and selfish and it affects the others, makes them nervous and always thinking about him rather than playing their natural game - Benzema and Fernandes are two examples.

Chiellini said that!

Ronaldo was net positive when he was one of the worlds best players at 27, he was selfish but unplayable, totally unplayable.

Now he is basically a Robbie Fowler type player goal hanger and it’s just not worth sacrificing the team collective for his individual genius. I would not want Ronaldo at Spurs and I bet Conte wouldn’t want him here either.

No way should he be considered for player of the season. There are many players like Son and Declan Rice who have been better and deserve a spot.

Chiellini said that!

So...... Ronaldo_IN it is then. :ledley:

Joe Rodon from Tottenham Hotspur, with the centre-back likely to leave in some capacity this summer.

Rodon endured a frustrating campaign, making only 10 appearances in all competitions. He only made two substitute appearances in the Premier League following Antonio Conte’s appointment.

Nottingham Forest interested in Rodon

Tottenham are looking to sign a new centre-back this summer. And reports in January claimed that Conte wanted to let the 24-year-old leave. So it is no surprise that he now looks set to move on in this window.

It remains to be seen if Tottenham loan him out or sell him permanently this summer. But interest is building, with Gold suggesting that Forest have their eye on Rodon following their promotion to the Premier League.

“I think there’s interest from Forest, certainly,” he told his YouTube channel. “Obviously Steve Cooper was his former Swansea manager, Welsh as well. He knows him very well. I’d be stunned if Forest don’t show some real interest in him in the weeks ahead.”

Nottingham Forest interested in Rodon
Cooper looks to be building something special at the City Ground. He masterminded their turnaround following his appointment. They were in the relegation zone when he came in.

They look to have an amazing team spirit. But obviously, they will want to add quality to their ranks before their top-flight return.

And, as Gold suggests, Cooper knows how good Rodon can be. He once claimed that it was an ‘honour‘ to work with the defender. And he labelled him ‘fantastic’.

A loan move could work out brilliantly for all parties. Rodon would get the chance to prove himself in the Premier League, while Forest would get a very good centre-back through the door.

Meanwhile, Tottenham can take their time before deciding what Rodon’s long-term future holds.

But perhaps, it may not be a loan move Forest are after.
Honestly don’t see what the problem with Rodon is as his hardly played. I’d say his no worse than dier or davies prbly better. No idea why conte has not played him more or has a dislike for him.

Honestly don’t see what the problem with Rodon is as his hardly played. I’d say his no worse than dier or davies prbly better. No idea why conte has not played him more or has a dislike for him.
I agree but that’s 3(?) managers who just haven’t fancied him now. They must see some fault in him that just isn’t evident to me when I see him on the pitch.
Suppose that’s why they get paid for and I have to accept that they have more football knowledge in their little finger than I will ever have. But it’s a puzzle.

out of all the players he's the one that is looking likely to end up in a bidding war.

I suppose he has some value but wow.
If I was Harry, I'd tell my agent to do everything to get me to Seville, Get away from England, enjoy my life southern sunny Spain!

A1 Sharon!

If that game is metric for judging players, we should be sending off pretty much everyone who put foot on the field this day.

Truly unbelievable that someone would hold this game against ANY of our players. Nuno fucking embarrassed the whole club to no end. He shit the bed in front of millions. He just gifted this game away- you can go back and look, the way team was set up - there was NO MIDFIELD in existence.

And really - PEH started this one as well- shouldn't the equal part be his blame?? Should he be deemed "not good enough" as well? And be put maybe 4th or even 5th choice then?
Why blame skipp when we had PEH and winkiniho?

Back
Top Bottom