Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. I stated quite clearly that I thought their ramblings were "poppycock"
In the sense that they don't have inside knowledge.
They have just used an educated guess method to predict the outcome - no more business and the fabricated reasons as to how it happened to act as though there IS inside knowledge.
I agree with you, where's the confusion?

What top quality players did Villa and Leicester sign that we couldn't because they made it clear they wanted Champions League football?

That is after all what we're discussing right now.

Daka, Soumare, Ings, Buendia and Bailey all would make our team better and players would could absolutely need.

You said lack of CL football and then wages was was why we couldn't sign guys and there are 5 players right there all that would improve us that signed for no CL football and at wages we could easily afford.

That is just from 2 teams there are others as well.

Not going to get us too 4 that’s for sure.

Are we competing in the Sky Sports News league or the Premier League? Winning matches is what gets you top 4, not transfer tweets.

We have lots of good players in our squad and two of the best goal scorers in the world. Top 4 is possible if we have a decent season. Even last seasons shambles we weren’t that far off.

To sign a backup striker would mean we have to sell a backup striker to pay for one because our owners are allergic to any kind of forward looking net positive investment.

Those rumours of a striker were purely to replace Kane, who we kept. But it's clear as day to anyone that Kane or not, we've needed a second striker since Llorente.

Pathetic.

It does get annoying as fuck though. You continuously disagree with my posts, which is all well and good and your prerogative, but when someone doesn't even give their opinion as to why most of the time it does become a bit of a ball ache.
That's why we have an ignore option. Don't let anyone upset you. In the end, it's just a game...

Well it used to be anyway
... just saying.

Daka, Soumare, Ings, Buendia and Bailey all would make our team better and players would could absolutely need.

You said lack of CL football and then wages was was why we couldn't sign guys and there are 5 players right there all that would improve us that signed for no CL football and at wages we could easily afford.

That is just from 2 teams there are others as well.
Players like Martinez who have Champions League football now that would only want to go to another Champions League team. We are not Chelsea where we can give him 250k a week to get him to play for us with no CL. This is the point.

I'm not talking about random players to make our team better. You're not even focusing on what the point of the conversation is. You're making up your own arguments to the sake of trying to prove a point I don't really care about.

5 more years of transition, see what baffles me about this is we nearly reached the holy grail years back and failed to reinvest and push onwards, this is the result.
As you say we failed to reinvest or reinvest well (Ndombele) a few years back. We are at a lower position than we were a few years back and can't fix all our problems in one go.
Feels like a good start and also feels like we have a better strategy going foward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom