Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad is that …. Turns out your old mans a pimp
Animated GIF

I know this is naive, but who gives a fuck what the agents want?

If he wants us, move here.

Do agents really have this much power? I understand they do in terms of financial wrangling, when a club wants a player. But do they control their clients’ destinations?
Yes they do. The lad is 18 probably doesn't know much about life, finance and contracts. He's just good at football.

He's just a pawn that can be used to make others wealthy. Sad but that's the reality of the world we live in.

Ronaldo coming to United is great for the league. Lukaku at Chelsea, Kane with us, CR7 at United, Salah at LFC, KdB at City, legoman at Woolwich. This year is going to be a lot of fun to watch games not including Spurs.

If only Messi wasn’t a little bitch who took the easy way at PSG and came to the PL instead.
Messi is a tax dodging greedy little snake cunt maggot - he’s finished

His agents just want the money RBL is promising them. He'd also sit out an entire year.
I understood this part of your point but you didn't address the comparative situations of us vs RBL...and the difficulty getting the hell out of whatever contract he is in and moving on to the next stage/club of his career.

Spurs would play him in the senior squad now.
Yeah, because we've been so good at integrating new players. And how much time would he get? We don't know and I'm confident we aren't handing out guarantees of gametime.

The point is that I'm not sure it's as cut and dried as "the greedy bastards are only looking out for themselves and hurting his career". I could make a fantastic argument that choosing us IS bad for your career! And to not see the basis for this argument would be to ignore the absolute circus we have been for a few years.

Ronaldo to Utd - proper signing / proper statement

Yet we can’t even sign one decent player - FUCK YOU LEVY TIGHT BALD CUNT FUCK YOU PARATICI FRAUD JUVE CUNT!

From Bale to FUCK ALL

Wanks the shitter and Sissoko still here

Watching Lautaro play and he does not look like a 90 million pound player or what ever Inter is quoting.
Folks round here don't want to hear this...I've tried. He's a name they know so he must be world class and thus they want him. As I've stated before he will be 50M next summer without Lukaku.

I know this is naive, but who gives a fuck what the agents want?

If he wants us, move here.

Do agents really have this much power? I understand they do in terms of financial wrangling, when a club wants a player. But do they control their clients’ destinations?
Agree on this, and the only thing I can think of, is the agent(s) are very close to the player and have a strong influence. E.g a family member (just take a look at the Harry Kane 'transfer' saga as an example, even though not the same scenario in this case, they can still have a strong influence).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom