Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
His point is we shouldn’t be terrified of selling a player at his peak if the team can fill the void and we can use the money to address weaknesses in the team.

Obviously selling Kane at any point would have been a bad move, but dele and dier are two examples of players that we could have sold at peak and probably found a better replacement with.

Dele was not at peak age when he was flying... He was like 21/22!

Even Dier was more like 24 when he was being linked to Utd.

He should be calling up Utd and asking them if they can let Cavani go now they've got Christiano.

Cavani would be great for us for a year or 2 as backup.

Hahah... I thought that when the news broke earlier...

He'd batter the ECL and would be good rotation/backup too.

But Leipzig is more likely to agree to some stupid release clause, which agents prefers. Release clause would give more power to agent upon renewal/ future move. Leipzig has a track of record having release clause in their best players' contract: Keita, Konate, Upameno, Werner...

Levy doesn't want to lose his power in negotiation with a release clause, so agents would demand bigger agent fee upfront.
It would cost 30 million all together, a lot of money for us, to them must be enormous.

If Cavani joined us we'd need to use him more than just as a back up. He's still too good of a player, particularly when you compare him to the quality we have on our squad.

Cracking attacking sub to bring on if we need more firepower.... Drop Kane in deep and chuck Cavanni up top.

While Gil did look promising, the level of the opposition shouldn't be forgotten or dismissed. They would struggle badly to even stay in the Premier League if we're honest.

Meh, he's a young worldie, the only thing he has to fear is fear itself. And, he's all out of afraid.

My Spanish is average at best … what adds to its failing is I can’t roll my Rs…. So no ones too sure if I’m saying but or talking about someone’s dog 🙄
When I first came here, over 30 years ago, my first flat was pretty close to a squat in terms of amenities, cleanliness etc. I used to sit alone in my room which was at the end of a long corridor, away from from the cunts up the other end, with my learning books and reciting "Around the rugged rocks the rugged rascal ran" like a lunatic. No one could hear me and it certainly helped!

There's a neighbourhood in the north of the city called "Herrera Orria", my mate reckoned that no Brits lived there, or if they did, they got a taxi to Plaza de Castilla and walked the last mile or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom