Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest gossip is that they are no longer interested in Pogba, but want to pursue a deal for Camavinga.
As you know I have my reservations about BC's boy Camavinga as a player (relative to the hype) but in the short window of time for this lastest incarnation they would be magnified. Big risk on such a young player whose follow up hasn't been as bright as his intro. That said, I can't see how anyone could think Pogba would be the answer to those. Now, a new Kante sure would help.

Verrati is a workhorse but Gini is there as the legs but at 30 how much work is he going to get through?

Where are all the MFers Five?

This can't be right.

I was told that only Spurs deals lag
Well they did just blow 100M on a new striker. Presumably they have some accoutning to do before blowing another 60-80M on a CB. And this is after blowing >200M the summer before. If you wanna call any of that 'lagging' then feel free but I know of many a poster round these parts that would love for our summers to have this kind of 'lagging'. Sign me up!

I dunno, I feel like that team could probably win Ligue 1 without a manager. All Poch has to do is get them through the CL somehow, and with that squad they should be going deep (tonnes of CL winning experience); I mean who has a better team on paper than that?

honestly I don’t think anyone has ever had a better team than this on paper. Whether or not it plays like it remains to be seen.

Leeds game 1st goal. Aurier yet again allows a cross, Reggie nearly scores an OG and Lloris' save goes straight to Dallas. Are you seriously trying to put that down to Dier?
Goal 2 GLC fails to stop the cross and Bamford slips between Toby and PEH to score.
Again nowt to do with Eric. I'll let others who may be interested look at the highlights and see who they agree with.
I won't bother with the other games but best to take this to the Dier thread if you wish to pursue the matter.

For the first goal if dier did his job none of the other shit happens - that goal was 100% down to dier - he is clueless as a defender - doesnt understand what defending means

As you know I have my reservations about BC's boy Camavinga as a player (relative to the hype) but in the short window of time for this lastest incarnation they would be magnified. Big risk on such a young player whose follow up hasn't been as bright as his intro. That said, I can't see how anyone could think Pogba would be the answer to those. Now, a new Kante sure would help.
I share your reservations about Camavinga.

As for Pogba, I don't understand their interest in him, or what issue it would supposedly fix, or whether it's Poch's brainchild or Leonardo's, etc.
Verrati is a workhorse but Gini is there as the legs but at 30 how much work is he going to get through?
I like Verratti a lot but he lacks athleticism.
Where are all the MFers Five?
They're still making 'em.

I share your reservations about Camavinga.

As for Pogba, I don't understand their interest in him, or what issue it would supposedly fix, or whether it's Poch's brainchild or Leonardo's, etc.

I like Verratti a lot but he lacks athleticism.

They're still making 'em.
Problem is, as it has always been, the cracks won't show until it's showtime in the CL and they come up short. Wonder if Gini thought he was going to be able to kick his legs up but now realizes he might have to cover more ground than with the PE teacher?

And what do you mean 'still making 'em'? As in they are in some embryonic stage or that some are actually around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom