Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Must be some player to have the 7th 8th and 10th best teams after him.

How would that even be possible?

:mourloopy:

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

One of Sanchez or Dier this year is going to surprise everyone. I just feel the loss of Toby and Jan now means a new identity and order needs established at the back and Jose did them no favours keep changing and playing a way that just put pressure on the centre backs all game. With the new guy being Romero, the two senior centre backs in Sanchez and Dier need to show something a bit different and it can bring out the best in players. They aren't the 3rd and 4th choice kids anymore is my point.

Our centre midfield is actually where I see the issues coming from. Ndombele is just not clicking despite being the best naturally. I would go with a midfield of Skipp, Hjolberg and Lo Celso to start. Giving Hjolberg more freedom to go forward. I see him a box to box, Gerrard type midfielder if he wants to be its just he's never asked to play that way, always more defence focused.

Our midfield lacks creativity is my biggest concern and we are going to need to see something from Lo Celso this year we've only seen in very small glimpses.

One of Sanchez or Dier this year is going to surprise everyone. I just feel the loss of Toby and Jan now means a new identity and order needs established at the back and Jose did them no favours keep changing and playing a way that just put pressure on the centre backs all game. With the new guy being Romero, the two senior centre backs in Sanchez and Dier need to show something a bit different and it can bring out the best in players. They aren't the 3rd and 4th choice kids anymore is my point.

Our centre midfield is actually where I see the issues coming from. Ndombele is just not clicking despite being the best naturally. I would go with a midfield of Skipp, Hjolberg and Lo Celso to start. Giving Hjolberg more freedom to go forward. I see him a box to box, Gerrard type midfielder if he wants to be its just he's never asked to play that way, always more defence focused.

Our midfield lacks creativity is my biggest concern and we are going to need to see something from Lo Celso this year we've only seen in very small glimpses.
Sanchez is a naturally better defender than dier, but I feel dier is probably a bigger personality in the team..... although I won't be too dissapointedpointed if either leave

Seeing the Zakaria links , 2 things :

1) Very injury prone - WARNING SIGN
2) Do we actually need him? Where will he play , won't he play where Skipp/Hojbjerg will play?

Maybe one to get at the end of the window if we say sell Winks but honestly other priorities rn.

Seeing the Zakaria links , 2 things :

1) Very injury prone - WARNING SIGN
2) Do we actually need him? Where will he play , won't he play where Skipp/Hojbjerg will play?

Maybe one to get at the end of the window if we say sell Winks but honestly other priorities rn.

I don’t know much about Zakaria but every top team has a robust set of midfielders. We have Hojbjerg, Skipp and Lo Celso. Ndombele, Sissoko and Winks aren’t trusted. We badly need a new midfielder but of course it depends on shifting at least two of the ones we have now.

Firstly, welcome to TFC. Always nice to see a new face. Good first post.

As much as I like the transfers in you have suggested, even as the biggest Kane fan going, we aren't getting £120m plus 2 players worth £60-70m each included. It would either be £50m plus both or £100m and one of them.

Laporte and/or Silva instantly solve 2 problem areas. Add Martinez, a creative mid, another striker and a right back on to that and we're definitely a stronger team on paper, and genuinely have a team that should be pushing for the top 4 if not higher.

But I agree in the sense that if he is so desperate to leave, then make a deal for him. Kane is the best player I have ever seen for Spurs in my lifetime, but no one is bigger than the club. If (big if considering Bale money) we spend it right, then we could be a better team for it (Liverpool selling Coutinho almost) and with Patrici in charge of transfers then there is every chance that does happen.

However if the scattered reports of him signing a new deal are true then I'll be right behind him again!

60-70m for Laporte is crazy talk.

I wouldn't say Silva is worth above 60m either..... Only cost them 43m.... Is he really that much improved since?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom