Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okedina one of a six youngsters handed Tottenham pre-season chance by Nuno

If you know Levy, here is the real agenda. All these transfer links are simply smoke and mirrors. He wants younger players in as backup and doesn't seem to want to get rid of deadwood. Nuno, it appears, has bought into this strategy. I'm all for youngsters being groomed for the EPL but this needs to be done in phases. You cant Bring in 6 at once.
Well it will end in tears if we do but don't expect that any lessons have ever been learnt.

If you know Levy, here is the real agenda. All these transfer links are simply smoke and mirrors. He wants younger players in as backup and doesn't seem to want to get rid of deadwood. Nuno, it appears, has bought into this strategy. I'm all for youngsters being groomed for the EPL but this needs to be done in phases. You cant Bring in 6 at once.

This is normal for pre-season, especially one where many first team players will not be involved due to international tournaments.

Part of the reason I'm a Spurs fan is that we Love winning but we Love 'The Game' more. I've seen us ridicule Kane when he took the soft option for us.

I absolutely hate seeing the 'Honour' in football die. Maradonna's 'Hand of God' will forever cast a dark shadow on his brilliance. It's the reason Neymar will never be brilliant because of his diving and, in My opinion, Ronaldo isn't the best because of his time on the ground.

The way male footballers react kills the game.

Just about sums it up.

When I meet sports fans who don’t care for football, one of the most common reasons offered has to do with how often players dive and roll around like they’ve just been harpooned. As much as I love the game—the skill, the tactics, the marriage of team coordination and individual brilliance—I can see their point.

Calm down dear....

We would do well to use seize the opportunity to use the ECL to blood youngsters.

Also, Poch also used to take a lot of younger on pre-season tour too.

Even Jose did....

This is normal for pre-season, especially one where many first team players will not be involved due to international tournaments.
Some of the Levy Out brigade have a habit of giving Levy way too much credit when it comes to certain perceived slights or misdeeds.

When it involves football and Levy, Hanlon's razor applies for me: never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Some of the Levy Out brigade have a habit of giving Levy way too much credit when it comes to certain perceived slights or misdeeds.

When it involves football and Levy, Hanlon's razor applies for me: never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

What's stupid about it?

To be able to give young players a run with the seniors in a friendly is a rare occasion.

I understand that. It is however not normal (except for Levy) that not one player has been bought or sold. The pre-season games are used to integrate new players. Somehow it appears some believe that a new player should be "turnkey". You can put 22 youngsters in pre-season, does it help if you don't intend playing them in the league?

When I meet sports fans who don’t care for football, one of the most common reasons offered has to do with how often players dive and roll around like they’ve just been harpooned. As much as I love the game—the skill, the tactics, the marriage of team coordination and individual brilliance—I can see their point.
Understood. I just don't see honour in it. And I really don't get fans that encourage it.

We just need to focus on getting our own house in order..... Arse (& Everton) prove time and time again to be a good example to no-one.
To date your possibly correct but time and football wait for no one we need to remain ahead of the curve, so a very important summer awaits us we need to be ready and respond.

To date your possibly correct but time and football wait for no one we need to remain ahead of the curve, so a very important summer awaits us we need to be ready and respond.
Like I said "We just need to focus on getting our own house in order"

Very good goalscorer, not even the cleanest striker of a ball but excellent positionally and can score with his head. Would likely cost 40m. I really don't like his general play, not a player I enjoy watching, but will probably be a reliable goalscorer at Sevilla and wherever else he ends up because he's smart around the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom