Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locatelli: "In talks....."

So they're no further foward than we are with a number of our links......

White: "Close..... Personal terms agreed"

Much like us and Tommy then........

Nothing to moan about.
Well the Sassuolo CEO is saying that Woolwich's talks for Locatelli are advanced. I've not seen that for any of our other targets.

As for White, I think they are overpaying for him, but he'd be our best CB if we bought him. Tomiyasu is quite a versatile player but he's not tried and tested in the PL like White.

We aren’t going to be making big offers until we sell some players, our squad is bloated and we barely have any money.

In any case, any player who was decent at the Euros will have much better and richer clubs than us looking at them, so we stand no chance of signing them anyway. As usual we will wait until the big boys have feasted and then Levy will nibble on the crumbs that are left over.

We don't need signings.

Dele, Winks and Doherty will be like new signings under Nuno's free-flowing football.
I love the optimism here. And the fact that you don't mention Sissoko, who surely has to be on the way out.

Winks has pissed me off plenty of times, but I'd rather we kept him and played to his strengths (whatever they are).

I've been highly critical of Dele, especially since he seems to gotten high on his own supply, but there's a glimmer of hope he could knuckle down again.

Lamela, if fit, is definitely a bonus. Same goes for GLC.

Vestergaard will be 29 by the time the season kicks off. Wouldn't we rather spend a bit (or more) extra on a younger, more talented player that will also have some resale value and probably cost less in wages?

That was the plan with Sanchez and look how that turned out

Central defenders get better with age and usually with defences it's more about the collective and how they work together rather than how individually talented they are.

Part of the reason I'm a Spurs fan is that we Love winning but we Love 'The Game' more. I've seen us ridicule Kane when he took the soft option for us.

I absolutely hate seeing the 'Honour' in football die. Maradonna's 'Hand of God' will forever cast a dark shadow on his brilliance. It's the reason Neymar will never be brilliant because of his diving and, in My opinion, Ronaldo isn't the best because of his time on the ground.

The way male footballers react kills the game.

Just about sums it up.

It’s amazing after watching some women’s matches, then going back to men. It’s like going to the theater.

So lads hear me out: we have the best ground and training facilities in Europe( the Danes were raving about it). We have unquestionably one of the worlds best centerforwards. The captain of the world champions a squad with current French Danish and Argentine international players. We are listed as the 9th most valuable side in the world. We were champions league finalists two years ago. Now we are a second tier club? Its Bollocks, the perception of Spurs is set by only one thing...Daniel Levy's reluctance to back his managers adequately is so apparent now players have stopped believing we want to challenge. We actually owe Conte he has shone a massive light on the con being perpetrated.

Well, that and the lack of any trophies...

It’s amazing after watching some women’s matches, then going back to men. It’s like going to the theater.

Well worth a watch.

That goal in the women's game near the end... wtf... can you imagine that in the men's game nowadays? She could have gone down 3 times before she scored.

The fact that that phrase doesn't mean 'blow job' anymore tells you everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom