Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thuram and Sabitzer Anderson Nyambe would be a solid basis of a rebuild. Players Poch can use after his final season at PSG
Not really close to what we need. Definitely need a first choice RB/RWB. And something approaching a top CB. Thuram and Sabitzer would be good additions, but Anderson is only satisfactory if it's him + somebody better. Nyambe isn't somebody you sign and start from the get go.

Not really close to what we need. Definitely need a first choice RB/RWB. And something approaching a top CB. Thuram and Sabitzer would be good additions, but Anderson is only satisfactory if it's him + somebody better. Nyambe isn't somebody you sign and start from the get go.
Nyambe is head and shoulders above Max Aaron's, and people talk about him coming in and starting

Nyambe is taller, faster, stronger, better technique, better crosser & cheaper

I thought I read a report that it was 35m quoted to Manchester United, but who knows how reliable that was. Also him being called up to England won't help us with his price even though it should have zero impact.

He would be great for us but I think like most talented players he is going to go to one of our rivals that is willing to pay to get talented players.
Leeds offered them 30m last summer and they plainly rejected it. Now he is a PL proven and an England international.
Only MU or Chelsea could feasibly buy him now.

Do players expire aged 29?

No but they usually start to see a drop off in play around that age. Especially when they aren't great to start with.

If we are bringing guys for Poch to work with in the future it makes sense to bring in guys that will be on the upswing of their careers not the downswing.

OK - if this is true, it's potentially very revealing.

All three Roma players that we are allegedly targeting are in the 23-25 years old age range. When we spent the Bale money, all of our signings were in that age range to accommodate Levy's core principle of resale potential, with the exception of Soldado.

But but but...

In another thread we established that Fonseca is a client of agent Jorge Mendes. As is new Roma coach Mourinho.

So, we won't be signing any Roma players unless: 1) Mourinho doesn't rate them; 2) Mendes wants to move them as he often seems to become the agent of players looking for transfers where his clients are in charge.

A proper spider's web.

Last edited:
OK - if this is true, it's potentially very revealing.

All three Roma players that we are allegedly targeting are in the 23-25 years old age range. When we spent the Bale money, all of our signings were in that age range to accomodate Levy's core principle of resale potential, with the exception of Soldado.

But but but...

In another thread we established that Fonseca is a client of agent Jorge Mendes. As is new Roma coach Mourinho.

So, we won't be signing any Roma players unless: 1) Mourinho doesn't rate them; 2) Mendes wants to move them as he often seems to become the agent of players looking for transfers where his clients are in charge.

A proper spider's web.

I don't know how reliable the source is and it seems like it could easily be the lazy journalism move of link players from former club to the new guys new club, but it would seem odd for Roma to sell us their best prime aged players.

I know Jose is there and will love the "tough vets" that he has but I can't imagine that Roma is in a hurry to give up what seems to be its best assets.

It is understood that the Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, and Paratici, who won 19 trophies in his 11 years as sporting director at Juventus, are keen to appoint an experienced manager capable of working with the existing squad.

The existing squad? So not much change then? That maybe concerns me more than who the next manager is.
If we keep on insisting in the existing squad we'll be relegated this season or the next.

Another 3 Lamelas...
pellegrinni is the only decent one.

or am i thinking this one
GIF by West Ham United

No but they usually start to see a drop off in play around that age. Especially when they aren't great to start with.

If we are bringing guys for Poch to work with in the future it makes sense to bring in guys that will be on the upswing of their careers not the downswing.
Even if a decline starts around that age (and this is highly player-dependent) it doesn't mean the player can not compete at a high level for several more seasons. So I'm sure Poch would have no issues with having a 29-year old Sabitzer in his squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom