Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if a decline starts around that age (and this is highly player-dependent) it doesn't mean the player can not compete at a high level for several more seasons. So I'm sure Poch would have no issues with having a 29-year old Sabitzer in his squad.

He might not but adding someone like him is not a piece for a rebuilding squad. He is an immediate player that will likely have diminishing returns by the time Poch returns to the club.

If we are looking to add players for a rebuilding squad for Poch in a few years we should look for players that will be hitting their peak at that time.

Either way I don't have much interest in Sabitzer now or for the future.

Sabitzer for £15M is a bargain. Can replace Winks.

For 15m it is a good deal and unfortunately with our ownership we have to look for that rather than bringing in quality players.

I would prefer we bring in better players than focus on how cheap we can get guys but at that price it wouldn't be terrible.

For 15m it is a good deal and unfortunately with our ownership we have to look for that rather than bringing in quality players.

I would prefer we bring in better players than focus on how cheap we can get guys but at that price it wouldn't be terrible.
Not disagreeing but if we ship a lot of your deadwood out (as we know we need to), we need to bring in a lot of players and not all of them can be world class.

He’s a big upgrade to winkssoko and cheap enough to allow us to upgrade in other places, so would be a win for me.

You think Poch can't use a player because he'd be 29....nah not seeing it.

I didn't say he couldn't use him. I said that he would have more use for players that are in their prime and on the upswing.

Not sure we need to add mediocre older players with the eye for someone using them in two years.

Not disagreeing but if we ship a lot of your deadwood out (as we know we need to), we need to bring in a lot of players and not all of them can be world class.

He’s a big upgrade to winkssoko and cheap enough to allow us to upgrade in other places, so would be a win for me.

Yes I agree at 15m I would be fine with bringing him in. I think we should focus on more youth and/or better players but at 15m he would be ok.

I have noticed they consistently dislike posts but never seem to input anything to the forum. My post was saying how Levy and Lewis should pay for the Super League fine (which Levy and Lewis are in fact doing). I don’t see how any Spurs fan could disagree with my statement. People will always argue about performances, matches, managers, transfer targets and that’s one of the reasons why I joined the forum; I wanted to see different opinions. I don’t see how anyone could disagree with my statement about the fine considering Levy himself agreed with it. Why should we have £3.5m taken from our transfer budget due to Levy joining the super league.

I have noticed they consistently dislike posts but never seem to input anything to the forum. My post was saying how Levy and Lewis should pay for the Super League fine (which Levy and Lewis are in fact doing). I don’t see how any Spurs fan could disagree with my statement. People will always argue about performances, matches, managers, transfer targets and that’s one of the reasons why I joined the forum; I wanted to see different opinions. I don’t see how anyone could disagree with my statement about the fine considering Levy himself agreed with it. Why should we have £3.5m taken from our transfer budget due to Levy joining the super league.
That was a joke disagree🤣
Fair points mate. Disagree sometimes works but mostly doesn't.
I'll remove the disagree 👍

Nyambe is head and shoulders above Max Aaron's, and people talk about him coming in and starting

Nyambe is taller, faster, stronger, better technique, better crosser & cheaper
He's really not. Stronger and better crosser I'll agree.. He's a talented player but serious deficiencies in basic passing and defensive positioning. I've not seen him play for a while now but most Blackburn fans would laugh at the notion of him starting for a top 10 PL side.
Aarons is imperfect but doesn't have the same glaring issues and I think he has a fairly high ceiling, unique ball carrying ability and one-two's, things like that. Not sure he's worth 30m this summer but I'd bet any money he has a better career than Nyambe.

Even if a decline starts around that age (and this is highly player-dependent) it doesn't mean the player can not compete at a high level for several more seasons. So I'm sure Poch would have no issues with having a 29-year old Sabitzer in his squad.
Neymar is 29 years old, I suppose he's far from retirement or age related decline.

Who the fuck are this guys? Pellegrini I watched some times, but the others must be the Sissoko and Winks from Roma.
Pellegrini is quite good to be fair.

I watched a few games yesterday and wasn't at all impressed with Mancini. They conceded 7 over the two games though, so I suppose I was never going to be impressed by the defenders. Just reading up on him, there were many disappointed he didn't make the Italian squad for the Euro's, and apparently Fonseca had coached him into a much improved player. I'll watch another game or two later from the start of the season when they were in better form.

Villar is a young Spanish midfield player, plenty of ability but nothing special on what he's shown so far.

He's really not. Stronger and better crosser I'll agree.. He's a talented player but serious deficiencies in basic passing and defensive positioning. I've not seen him play for a while now but most Blackburn fans would laugh at the notion of him starting for a top 10 PL side.
Aarons is imperfect but doesn't have the same glaring issues and I think he has a fairly high ceiling, unique ball carrying ability and one-two's, things like that. Not sure he's worth 30m this summer but I'd bet any money he has a better career than Nyambe.
He might have a better career, but right at this moment he isn't a better player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom