Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is understood that the Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, and Paratici, who won 19 trophies in his 11 years as sporting director at Juventus, are keen to appoint an experienced manager capable of working with the existing squad.

The existing squad? So not much change then? That maybe concerns me more than who the next manager is.

Dier, Sanchez, Winks and possibly Sissoko are gonna be here and featuring heavily next season. You just know its coming.

It is understood that the Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, and Paratici, who won 19 trophies in his 11 years as sporting director at Juventus, are keen to appoint an experienced manager capable of working with the existing squad.

The existing squad? So not much change then? That maybe concerns me more than who the next manager is.
Could be Pep with SAF as DOF, no-one is getting these cunts (without Kane) into the top 7

Potter incoming.

giphy.gif
If he did bring White and Bissouma with him I might start warming to him. A bit anyway.

I watch quite a bit of MLS. Rossi is really good, but I don't think he PL quality.
But he's probably got a cheap buy-out clause that his agent has whispered in Paratici's ear.
I note he has Italian ancestry, so I assume he's got a dodgy Italian passport too. Because he's never played for Uruguay at full international level, so he's not getting a work permit based on intl appearances.

But he's probably got a cheap buy-out clause that his agent has whispered in Paratici's ear.
I note he has Italian ancestry, so I assume he's got a dodgy Italian passport too. Because he's never played for Uruguay at full international level, so he's not getting a work permit based on intl appearances.
MLS contracts don't have buy out clauses. It's a single entity structure with a player's union, so contracts are much more uniform. It's vastly different than basically any other league.

MLS contracts don't have buy out clauses. It's a single entity structure with a player's union, so contracts are much more uniform. It's vastly different than basically any other league.
Sure. Obviously we're not going to "trade" for Rossi.
But Paratici's MO is working with agents to sign players after gaining inside knowledge of their situation & willingness to move.
So, if the link is genuine, I suspect there must be something going on. Even if it's the length of contract remaining and eg a verbal undertaking given to the player that if a top level European club came in for him, he could go.
hiatus hiatus How did the Alphonso Davies & Zack Steffen transfers work? Both moved to Europe for relatively little money (13m & 7m Euros, plus clauses).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom