Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically I think it's only Brazil that exports more footballers than France, but when it comes to quality I think France pisses it as more of theirs go around Europe's major league's whereas a huge chunk of Brazils are scattered all over South America.
Brazilians would have to go through workpermit stuff to play in europe (if not having a duel citizenship). So fewer would be in europe than the french?

Brazilians would have to go through workpermit stuff to play in europe (if not having a duel citizenship). So fewer would be in europe than the french?

But any “quality” Brazilian footballers don’t have any problem with work permits. But hardly any French footballers are exported to the South American market, meaning Brazilian footballers have access to more world markets than French ones.

This talks about CBs being a priority with a backup striker makes me anxious as i felt it dragged away from a really serious issue, that is the midfield.
We are seriously painful to watch because the midfield doesnt have a presence. I rate Hojbjerg, Ndombele and Lo Celso, but it seemed like playing them together doesnt yield the presence we need.
There is a serious transition problem in our play, that is why Dele has looked massive even not playing on an outstanding standard.
And i don't think Sabitzer could fix that either. Though i dont rly know the player.

Wolves are poor tonight, if you change Fabio with Jimenez or maybe put Neto or Podence in the side, God knows what will happen last night.

The links with Andersen and Milenkovic makes me very happy. Hopefully we could get both and rids of 2 of ours. Vinicius if we could half the price, i don't see much better option. He is as good as we can get for a backup striker who is content and doesnt cause a problem in the dynamics of the squad.

Now Aurier looks gone, i'm content with it. Would rather keep him and sell Doherty, but wherever money can come from and a chance to upgrade.
Though i don't have any name i could think of that are ready to go and feasible for us.

Is there anyone that can name a CM and RB target that could excite my imagination for a while?

Someone has to work out how to get a tune out of Ndombele.

Think people need to accept that he just isn't that good before anything else. This is a guy that only had one goal and a few assists in 34 games in his last season for Lyon, in the mighty French league. I get the impression that some people here (not directed at you) think he's this world-class talent that just hasn't adapted yet. But the truth is, he's nowhere near that sort of level. He's got some ability but no matter who's in charge, I can't see him being anything more than a lazy player that on his day can look a good footballer, and on lots of other days look nothing but a waste of time and money.

Technically I think it's only Brazil that exports more footballers than France, but when it comes to quality I think France pisses it as more of theirs go around Europe's major league's whereas a huge chunk of Brazils are scattered all over South America.
It’s not just that, France produces a lot of top tier talent for other countries, see Drogba, Mahrez, Kanoute.

I know Brazil also has expats like Deco, Marcos Senna and Diego Costa, but at one point the Senegalese and Algerian teams were like the French B & C team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom