Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Ben Foster is on board - well kind of....😎

Supporters across the country will be preparing and providing finishing touches to their Fantasy Football teams ahead of the opening game between Woolwich and Brentford on Friday night.
And whilst Foster shared which Premier League players he had in his fantasy team, he also explained why he was wearing the Spurs away shirt and made it clear that he ‘doesn’t care’ about putting it on even if the shirt got ‘grief’ for how it looks.
“Can we have a look at this shirt,” said Foster. “I am wearing this Tottenham shirt because I have got to say I think it may be one of the nicest shirts I ever bought in my life.
“Look at this bad boy. I know this shirt got a lot of grief and a lot of abuse at the start of the season when it was announced.
“I am with you Spurs, it’s world-class. Look at it, it’s belting. I don’t care, I am wearing it. It’s world-class.”

Last edited:
The thing about Vlahovic is before last season, he was going to be sold by Fiorentina. They are the team I follow in Italy and he started the season poorly missing an open goal vs Inter and being at fault for their comeback (they won 4-3 in the last minute). Was a great game actually!

He was awful under Montella and he constantly changed between Vlahovic, Cutrone (yep, the ex-Wolves guy) and Koaume. So he defo was not 'great' at that stage (last season still!)

Then Montella got sacked and Iachini came in. Fiorentina started playing some awful, sit-back and long-ball counter football (akin to Mourinho) but he started playing better. He basically scored the important goals and held the ball up well and etc. He defo sacrificed himself for the team.

Then the last Manager Prandelli came in (Fiorentina had 3 managers last season) and he was unreal. Under Prandelli, there was a tactical change and they tried to attack more.

When people say he had 1 amazing season, I feel that is kind of untrue. I feel like he was amazing come season end but was not so impressive since the first game of last season.

On the flipside, he played really well or excellently under 2 managers with completely different tactical approaches and philosophy and he delivered, showing that he is probably not a one-trick pony as a striker.

I think he has what it takes from a physical, technical and from all reports, psychological point of view (is hungry) but i'd be very careful. He was hot stuff for less than a season, really.

I'd have gone for someone more established (Lukaku) where you definitely know what you are getting but what are the chances that a player of that calibre comes to us? 🤷‍♂️

I guess we'll have to take a pun on potential. Vlahovic could be that guy, but wouldn't bank on a guy that was amazing for 6 months either...

Sheeesh.

This reminds me of another left footed striker Spurs bought high on after one strong season... 😬

I'm hearing (on the car radio) negotiations between Us and Shitty have now gone to step 2. Hopefully this is one of starting off with a polite "Go away in short, sharp, jerky movements " to progressing to a far more robust "Fuck off, you Manca Wancas."

Looks like Ben Foster is on board - well kind of....😎

Supporters across the country will be preparing and providing finishing touches to their Fantasy Football teams ahead of the opening game between Woolwich and Brentford on Friday night.
And whilst Foster shared which Premier League players he had in his fantasy team, he also explained why he was wearing the Spurs away shirt and made it clear that he ‘doesn’t care’ about putting it on even if the shirt got ‘grief’ for how it looks.
“Can we have a look at this shirt,” said Foster. “I am wearing this Tottenham shirt because I have got to say I think it may be one of the nicest shirts I ever bought in my life.
“Look at this bad boy. I know this shirt got a lot of grief and a lot of abuse at the start of the season when it was announced.
“I am with you Spurs, it’s world-class. Look at it, it’s belting. I don’t care, I am wearing it. It’s world-class.”

Why didn't we get him as third over that mug Hart....

All part of the dance.

tenor.gif

When next week sources say Inter and Lauturo weren't able to come to an agreement

Leaving out the "we'll see" part too. Hmmm

Still feel he has a place in the team, not as a starter but someone to come on near the end and play tidy strong football. We aren't going to have a bench of world cup winners sat waiting to come on. Winks maybe, just maybe loves the club and is happy to be a part of anything that helps?

I wouldn't be against him staying but as a back-up.
He's not though is he? Happy to be a bit part player that is.

He's gone on record complaining that he needs first team Football, but when he gets it he rarely delivers.

Fair play if he backs himself to make a place his own, but is he being honest with himself?

I'd be more than happy if he could find the drive, desire and FORM that saw him burst onto the scene, with him peaking at dominating the midfield against RM, but the odds are against it really.

Why didn't we get him as third over that mug Hart....
Probably because of A) all the 'time' he has already stolen from us and B) wasn't he the GK that was throwing them in on the last game of the season vs the scum where they got 4th? Was it Harry's last season I think.

But yeah, he would have been more useful than Hart but also more money, probably.

Probably because of A) all the 'time' he has already stolen from us and B) wasn't he the GK that was throwing them in on the last game of the season vs the scum where they got 4th? Was it Harry's last season I think.

But yeah, he would have been more useful than Hart but also more money, probably.
That was Marton Fulop.

B: Err no I don't think he was the keeper you are thinking of
A: Not got a clue what you're talking about

With his one goal and three assists.

Yes they do, they show your worth, for any MF beyond DMF 1 goal and 3 assists in 40 odd matches its pretty shit.
How about you look up stats of Modric and Dembele. Right... they're shit too

Imagine this, there's a hypothetical midfielder that has a sick through ball pass. All he does is split the defence open for the winger or full back to cross the ball to the striker for an easy tap in.
So end of season comes and you're on here calling the guy an absolute shitter for having 0 goals and 0 assists.

Goals / assists don't tell the whole story.

Atletico getting serious about Vlahovic (the article says they're going to bid 50 million euros soon). If Laturo stays and Vhlahovic goes to Atletico, then it would be criminal to sell Kane this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom