Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Based on his abilities.

He is good positionally, good at reading the play, doesn't put himself in bad positions, is strong enough to not get bullied by stronger forwards, comfortable enough on the ball to move the ball away from danger areas and up the field to the midfield.

Yes he is far from a speed demon in the open field but he isn't like a Dier that is so flat footed that he gets his feet wrong and in bad positions in tight, he is "quick" enough in the box that he can deal with forwards.

I think there is still a role in the game for a CB that is good positionally, can read the play, moves around well enough to deal with 99% of the strikers in the game, is strong enough not to get pushed around and is decent with the ball at his feet.

His athletic limitations are wildly overrated, he is not a liability athletically.

For me, this still begs the question, if he is all those good things, why is Conte so keen to get shot? he's got other defenders that aren't exactly zippy, Godin, De Vrij, Ranocchia. Surely it's not just the 3CB chestnut, that seems so implausible?

You could even make a video which would suggest that Sissoko is a better passer of the ball than Scholes.
In my professional capacity, I have to admit it probably would be possible to create a video making Sissoko look better than Scholes.

But, given the available material, it would last no longer than 20 seconds and consist of 2 scuffed killer passes from Moussa & 2 audacious lobs into Row Z from Scholesey.

Back
Top Bottom