Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One disagree and no one takes the challenge...

*that moment when you realise “the best CB on the planet” isn’t even your tenth best*

:harrylol:
I'm going to regret this...

So because someone isn't in the top ten of all time, that makes them shit?

I doubt Harry Kane makes the all-time top ten striker list, is he shit too?

Last edited:
I'm going to regret this...

So because someone isn't it th top ten of all time, that makes them shit?

I doubt Harry Kane makes the top ten striker list of all time, is he shit too?
He’s not shit because he’s not a top ten all time defender though.

But surely the best CB in the world should one of the best all time?
No?

Ok good then.....he’s “world class“, but there are 50 world class CBs all head and shoulders above him.
How’s this work again?

He’s not even as good as John Terry was, and Ledley King was ten times the footballer.

doesn't matter
But it would if VVD made the list though wouldn’t it.....but he doesn’t even make top 20.
Telling.
I don’t think you become world class at 27.
He’s an average plodder riding the coattails of a team no one dares to attack and has two of the best full backs with him.

Good in the air, scores a few good headers, good sense of positioning.
Not great at anything though and in a lesser team would not stand out, rather be totally exposed for the average player he is.

Thought so
But it’s always the same with you lot....always the little quips and funnies as if that makes your point true.

John Terry was better than VVD and I could name 20 defender in the PL era who were better.
You can’t actually say with a straight face that Jan and Toby peak we’re not better players can you?

Last edited:
Not great at anything though and in a lesser team would not stand out, rather be totally exposed for the average player he is.
A player does not have to have 1 outstanding skill to be great. In fact, the ideal player wouldn't have 1 skill that stood out. You see how that would work Sammy? So it's a stupid point to make.

And his athleticism is why he's left to defend 1v1 and cover for Robertson. He is not average. And Harry will get no change from him. Not sure Bale will either.

Huuurney guuuuurney, me burch poppin to de Scccchkrinier wuuuur buuuurgain Papa Levy chuuuuurmun.

JPe6lLq.jpg
That’s genius and horrible at the same time, I love it :llorishowudoin:

Back
Top Bottom