Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen is gone, Trippier is gone, Jan is gone, Llorente is gone. Not the same tools.

He is however playing Moura, who got us there.

Winks and Sissoko were always back up levels
, and Poch was backed with Ndombele and Lo Celso.

Kane, Son, Lloris, Toby, Dele all still here and part of the squad.

We’ve replaced Aurier who Poch had as second choice.
We’ve signed Hojberg and it seems Sissoko will be back up, as he was when Dembele and Wanyama were fit.
We’ve also replaced Rose and or Sessegnon/Davies.

Bale you could say has replaced Eriksen.

So I’m not sure why you have this bizarre picture that the squad today is the one that got to the CL final and are all being replaced for not being good enough. That wasn’t the case, the likes of Eriksen and Jan were just at the end of their mental boundaries and Trippier and Llorente Poch sold.
And as I said before, being good enough in 2018/19 doesn’t mean they still are in 2020/21
So Winks and Sissoko weren't good enough tools but they played in the final. Yet Poch was given all the tools to win the trophy. Poch was backed with Ndombele and GLC after the final.. Eriksen and Jan continued to play under Mourinho. If Mourinho thought Jan was good enough he would have fought to keep him here like Toby.
Sess isn't good enough/not ready so has been replaced by Regullion. At what point were Jan and Eriksen at end of their mental barriers, before or after the final?

When you consider Utd paid 80mill for Maguire, to be able to buy Skriniar, no matter what anyone thinks of his weaknesses, for around 35 mill is a decent deal tbf
So you're saying that buying a turd for less than half the price of another, more stinky turd is "a decent deal"? You see the problem here right? And how the weaknesses should matter.

ITK
Tier: alpha

Hitchen back in the kitchen
Huuurney guuuuurney, me burch poppin to de Scccchkrinier wuuuur buuuurgain Papa Levy chuuuuurmun.

JPe6lLq.jpg

The latest itk reports suggest that we are in advanced negotiations with Milan, which would suggest that the fee has been agreed with the terms of the deal left to thrash out I hope.

I keep forgetting the window is only half closed on October 5th. We can still do business domestically until October 16th if I'm not mistaken. Wouldn't surprise me if we bring n Milik and Skriniar and then wait until after October 5th to loan out or sell a couple players domestically.

I trust Gold on this one. ^
I trust Alasdair too, but I do think he's loathe to jump the gun and is best overall as a barometer for who we're actually interested (and importantly who we're not interested in and is happy to shoot bullshit rumours down).

The fact he's confirming our Skriniar interest and negotiations is good enough for me. I think the deal could be further along the line than he's said/knows about though. Because it's Italian based I'd put a lot of stock in Fabrizio Romano's tweets about it (unlike his 'mare with the Bale deal).

I trust Alasdair too, but I do think he's loathe to jump the gun and is best overall as a barometer for who we're actually interested (and importantly who we're not interested in and is happy to shoot bullshit rumours down).

The fact he's confirming our Skriniar interest and negotiations is good enough for me. I think the deal could be further along the line than he's said/knows about though. Because it's Italian based I'd put a lot of stock in Fabrizio Romano's tweets about it (unlike his 'mare with the Bale deal).
Gold reported today that Milan looking for around 42 million, while we're pushing for around 30 million.
I do feel though that we need some sales before this goes ahead. Any takers for Aurier, Foyth, or Rose? Won't be easy.

Gold reported today that Milan looking for around 42 million, while we're pushing for around 30 million.
I do feel though that we need some sales before this goes ahead. Any takers for Aurier, Foyth, or Rose? Won't be easy.

I could see this being true but at the same time, I don't think we'd be this deep into negotiations if that were the case. Also, the club has to know Rose and Foyth aren't going to bring much in return. So waiting for chump change to come in won't make much of a different in a 40m deal.

I would much rather sell Aurier and bring in a young player that we can develop at RB.

Doherty is 28, turning 29 in January, so likely has 2 years at most left of being a top level RB. It would be nice to have someone with the potential to take over in a year or two rather than just go through all this again in two years.

Its too bad there is a ~20 year old HG RB available for around 20m that has shown he could fill in if needed in the PL and spend time developing in the Europa League and Domestic Cups. That guy could be a useful player for us.

So Winks and Sissoko weren't good enough tools but they played in the final. Yet Poch was given all the tools to win the trophy. Poch was backed with Ndombele and GLC after the final.. Eriksen and Jan continued to play under Mourinho. If Mourinho thought Jan was good enough he would have fought to keep him here like Toby.
Sess isn't good enough/not ready so has been replaced by Regullion. At what point were Jan and Eriksen at end of their mental barriers, before or after the final?
You’re boring mate and tedious.

The squad was good enough hence the fact it got there.
Some players have left.
Some lost interest.
Some are still good.
Some have lost form
Some were good enough then but aren’t now.

If that’s too much for you to understand you’ll have to deal with it alone.

Back
Top Bottom