Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Airfixx Airfixx posted a few weeks ago that Covid would have a major impact on every teams transfer dealings this summer.

He subsequently added that was apart from City and Chelsea

He then added United to his list of exemptions.

He's adding Leicester and Wolves tomorrow.

By the end of the month, I predict his list will be at least 15 teams long.
Other than the teams with a sugar daddy of some kind it seems to be true. Even City have basically spent the money they got for Sané rather than going deep in their own pocket.
If you take out Chelsea, who are going mental, clubs seem to be able to finance 1 transfer over £20 million with a lot of teams not even doing that.

Wolves signing some 17 year old kid for £40m just seems weird. There’s nothing going on there that seems logical at all is there?
Mendes, almost certainly.
The price is utterly batshit for a player with so little competitive experience. Fabio Silva has a couple of starts for Porto, and not played at higher than U19s for their national team.
Jadon Sancho was also "mega potential" and went to Dortmund for £5 million.
I can imagine the scenes if Raul Jimenez is now sold.
And it seems Adama Traore can leave if Wolves get a big enough bid.
Not qualifying for European football must have hurt their finances.

Fábio Silva (footballer, born 2002) - Wikipedia

Other than the teams with a sugar daddy of some kind it seems to be true. Even City have basically spent the money they got for Sané rather than going deep in their own pocket.
If you take out Chelsea, who are going mental, clubs seem to be able to finance 1 transfer over £20 million with a lot of teams not even doing that.

John Thomas John Thomas has an extremely tenuous relationship with the truth....

To not have been even mildly humbled by his "not one brick" debacle says it all.

Mendes, almost certainly.
The price is utterly batshit for a player with so little competitive experience. Fabio Silva has a couple of starts for Porto, and not played at higher than U19s for their national team.
Jadon Sancho was also "mega potential" and went to Dortmund for £5 million.
I can imagine the scenes if Raul Jimenez is now sold.
And it seems Adama Traore can leave if Wolves get a big enough bid.
Not qualifying for European football must have hurt their finances.

Fábio Silva (footballer, born 2002) - Wikipedia
I want us to go all out for Adama traore. Quality player

Just been reading about wolves spending £35m
On a teenage striker from porto, so how is it that even Leicester and now wolves have more financial power than us....we did get to a champions league final and we have been playing in the champions league. If these things do not generate the club more money to spend than wolves and Leicester, 2 supposedly smaller clubs than what is the fucking point....levy has everyone believing his bullshit, he couldn't believe his luck when coronavirus gave him a perfect ready-made excuse.......what a parasite scumbag he really is......
Is this the same Wolves that sold there number one right back this window? Fancy being a club that sells your best players for peanuts! :levyeyes: In all seriousness though the window is still open , expect a few more deals to be sorted before it shuts

Is this the same Wolves that sold there number one right back this window? Fancy being a club that sells your best players for peanuts! :levyeyes: In all seriousness though the window is still open , expect a few more deals to be sorted before it shuts
Wolves have just reinvested the money they got for 2 players (Doherty to us and Costa to Leeds) in 1 player (Silva). So they moved 2 first team players for an 18 year old who has played less than 15 games at senior level and scored 1 goal. Maybe that will work out for them ... but it is a gamble.

Gold:

Spurs are looking to sign a new centre-back, but that will likely come later in the window.

The club have the funds to bring in a new striker which has their full focus right now but to bring in a new defender afterwards they will have to sell first.

Wolves have just reinvested the money they got for 2 players (Doherty to us and Costa to Leeds) in 1 player (Silva). So they moved 2 first team players for an 18 year old who has played less than 15 games at senior level and scored 1 goal. Maybe that will work out for them ... but it is a gamble.
Even if the 18 year old works out he will get sold on so Mendes can get some more commission.

Even if the 18 year old works out he will get sold on so Mendes can get some more commission.

I wonder if there's something more greasy going on beneath the surface..... Otherwise what are Jimenez, Nevez etc. still doing at a top 8 side with no European football.

Last edited:
I wonder if there's something more greasy going on beneath the surface..... Otherwise what are Jimenez, Never etc. still doing at a top 8 side with no European football.
I have been expecting to see Jimenez to City all summer, he would be perfect for them. I guess it is his age that goes against him, their next big signing will have to replace Aguero and Jimenez is probably a bit too old.

Gold:

Spurs are looking to sign a new centre-back, but that will likely come later in the window.

The club have the funds to bring in a new striker which has their full focus right now but to bring in a new defender afterwards they will have to sell first.
Dont have a problem with this. We have 6 centre backs currently. We at least need to move on Foyth and CCV first. Even then i'm still not sure why we need a 5th CB unless Tanganga is covering right back.

Would Foyth + the Aurier money to Benfica for Ruben Dias work?

Ollie Watkins and Ruben Dias to close the window would be wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom