Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree, and used to chat to him in private on SC quite a few times. He definitely knows stuff.

He’s also the brother of Cullen, so puts a PR spin on things.

For unbiased and decent info from SC it’s really only Dragon that is worth listening to, and they don’t post on SC.

I have been banned more times from SC than iv'e had birthdays over putting them right on their ITK bullshit, but because their firewall is as effective as an ashtray on a motorcycle i just go straight back in.

:walker-scream:

I have been banned more times from SC than iv'e had birthdays over putting them right on their ITK bullshit, but because their firewall is as effective as an ashtray on a motorcycle i just go straight back in.

:walker-scream:

I was perma banned, invited back, then perma banned again. Never felt any need to revisit the place.

I was perma banned, invited back, then perma banned again. Never felt any need to revisit the place.

It's funny when the cunts (A&C and Rob) ban you then come cap in hand asking for 'donations' to keep their website viable.

I mean who in their right mind would give someone on an internet forum who'd they had never met money?

So there we have it I guess. No pre-season with another striker.

I guess we just do what we always do when Kane plays for England and just hope he won't pull up lame.

I'm sure we'll sign somebody but it isn't as if we haven't had enough time to sort it out. We can bed them in during the cup games I guess. Lucky for us that Kane isn't prone to injury.

Great that we had an upper management restructure recently but I really think our scouts need a shake up if they can't find one single striker that would play for us in over a year.

Would Castagne have actually cost more than Doherty? Genuine question as I thought he was going really cheap, last year contract etc

Edit
I've just looked on transfermarkt Castagne 21m Eu Doherty 16.8m

I didn't pay any attention at the time to what he went for.
Castagne actually had 2 years left on his deal, transfermarkt changed his status at the end of the Italian league season. Atalanta must have triggered a 1 year extension clause in his contract

Everyone here whines about not targeting a PL proven striker and then when we sign a PL proven RB you’re mad we didn’t sign the Italian league RB that cost more money. I can’t keep up.

Airfixx Airfixx posted a few weeks ago that Covid would have a major impact on every teams transfer dealings this summer.

He subsequently added that was apart from City and Chelsea

He then added United to his list of exemptions.

He's adding Leicester and Wolves tomorrow.

By the end of the month, I predict his list will be at least 15 teams long.
Hahahahha

Watch him squirm and lie some more

ENDED

Everyone here whines about not targeting a PL proven striker and then when we sign a PL proven RB you’re mad we didn’t sign the Italian league RB that cost more money. I can’t keep up.
If the difference was 5m - seems Castagne was the better deal overall

i would love to replace Moura with a creative player on the bench that we could use when teams park the bus, we look stale or are chasing a goal in the 2nd half.

Dream would be Coutinho but I don't think we can afford him or that he would accept that role. David Brooks or Said benrahma are more realistic options that could do well in that role.

It would also help our team in EL/Cup games that looks like it will have a tough time creating chances.

I love the idea of adding Reguilon and/or Skriniar but can't stand knowing that all it would do is have them on the bench while we started Davies and Dier ahead of them.
I agree 100% with moura he does need to bebu
If you went to the chippy and asked for steak and kidney pie and chips, but they only had chicken pies left, you'd probably take the chicken pie rather than go hungry
Are we really doing this already?

Doherty is a prem proven right back 1st teamer at a very good side and your comparing him to a chicken pie.

We've had over a year to sort this striker situation out and here we are a week before the start of yet another season and still no suitable back up to our sole striker who is pretty much guaranteed 3 months on the sidelines each season

Defend the club all you want but this really isn't acceptable

Our academy hasn’t produced ANY true quality since Kane 10 years ago
Ten years ago? Tim brought him through

"He gave me the chance here. I was training well and looking sharp.

"When he was going to play me, he let me know a few days before and I've been able to repay his faith with the goals.

"Tim knew what I could do. I have known him for a while and he has seen me score goals before. He has just told me to play my game, be confident and express myself.”
"If Tim hadn't given me the chance, I might not be where I am now. It is about a manager having faith in you, giving me that trust on that big stage. I know it's tough nowadays because there's so much scrutiny on managers and so much pressure.”

Ten years ago Redknapp was here.

And how many of our rivals have done better?
Liverpool with Arnold have done well.
Any others?

Ten years ago? Tim brought him through

"He gave me the chance here. I was training well and looking sharp.

"When he was going to play me, he let me know a few days before and I've been able to repay his faith with the goals.

"Tim knew what I could do. I have known him for a while and he has seen me score goals before. He has just told me to play my game, be confident and express myself.”
"If Tim hadn't given me the chance, I might not be where I am now. It is about a manager having faith in you, giving me that trust on that big stage. I know it's tough nowadays because there's so much scrutiny on managers and so much pressure.”

Ten years ago Redknapp was here.

And how many of our rivals have done better?
Liverpool with Arnold have done well.
Any others?
You said we shouldn’t worry about other teams though

Fact of the matter - apart from Kane (who was an Academy graduate 10 years ago) we’ve had no one of a high quality in the last decade

Back
Top Bottom