Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So bus-conductor bus-conductor now we’ve all decided that the PL is a load of wank, like I told you it was ages ago, what’s your take now?

You still think this Liverpool squad could cut the mustard in 2002? They have a first 11, nothing behind it though.

I guess football didn’t count then because internet stats didn’t say how many times Philip Lahm “recieved the ball” so Kyle Walker must be better.

:walker:

Could you rephrase this into something intelligible? And I’ll give it my best shot?

Could you rephrase this into something intelligible? And I’ll give it my best shot?

So you still think the PL is stronger now than it was between 2000-2008?

The likes of Sheff Utd marching into the CL don’t back you up by the way.
It’s more competitive because the top 4 (now top 6) has four mid table level teams in it.

We've already got Mou and now interested in Willian. If this is true it's not too far a stretch to imagine the very scenario you paint.
If Castles is correct, we've offered a player who will be 32 when he joins a 3 year contract.

Any wonder Jan hasn't signed for Ajax or Inter yet.

BBC gossip page.

Manchester City and Manchester United will go head-to-head in an effort to sign Tottenham striker Harry Kane, 26, for £150m this summer (90min)

Juventus also want to bring England captain Kane to Turin this summer to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo. (Tuttosport - in Italian)

Chelsea and Tottenham are both interested in signing Bournemouth's goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale, 21. (Mail)

Both clubs are also in the market for Jeremie Boga, 23. The Ivory Coast winger - a former Chelsea player - would cost £13m from Italian club Sassuolo, with Borussia Dortmund and Valencia also interested. (Sun)

Woolwich and Spurs are prepared to battle it out to sign midfielder Marcel Sabitzer from RB Leipzig. The Austria international, 25, scored twice against Spurs in the Champions League on Tuesday. (Calcio Mercato - in Italian)

BBC gossip page.

Woolwich and Spurs are prepared to battle it out to sign midfielder Marcel Sabitzer from RB Leipzig. The Austria international, 25, scored twice against Spurs in the Champions League on Tuesday. (Calcio Mercato - in Italian)

Lol back to that old typical Tottenham transfer policy eh. Played well against us, and if he plays for us then he can't be good against us. Too bad half the time they turn out terrible for us. Gomes and Juande, case and point.

Three steps back anyone?

Our best signing between now and the end of the summer window will be a scout or chief scout who identifies hungry, capable talent that fits into a cogent model of winning football.

And a manager who knows how to get a group of players to give their all, game in game out.

Our best signing between now and the end of the summer window will be a scout or chief scout who identifies hungry, capable talent that fits into a cogent model of winning football.

And a manager who knows how to get a group of players to give their all, game in game out.

In practical terms, what's that then?

To bad right now the cogent model of "winning football" differs greatly between the board and the fans.

BBC gossip page.

Manchester City and Manchester United will go head-to-head in an effort to sign Tottenham striker Harry Kane, 26, for £150m this summer (90min)

Juventus also want to bring England captain Kane to Turin this summer to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo. (Tuttosport - in Italian)

Chelsea and Tottenham are both interested in signing Bournemouth's goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale, 21. (Mail)

Both clubs are also in the market for Jeremie Boga, 23. The Ivory Coast winger - a former Chelsea player - would cost £13m from Italian club Sassuolo, with Borussia Dortmund and Valencia also interested. (Sun)

All of this is a load of garbage except perhaps Sabitzer, although I don't think he is the type of player we need.

All of this is a load of garbage except perhaps Sabitzer, although I don't think he is the type of player we need.

I wouldn't say no though. Everybody could do with a busy cunt in the middle of the park. Just see how far the limited Henderson has come at Pool

Anybody watch Touran from Borussia Munchengladbach
Big, strong full back !

Thuram? The LW? His father was a great defender

...or is it Torunarigha at Hertha?

The whole squad is going to get 4 months off ... it will be like 25 new players ... who needs transfers?

Just kidding of course, but our squad will probably benefit from a massive lay off much more than most, with our facilities we should be able to work on each player individually (that means you fatty) and start the season with a fully fit squad ... if anybody needs an operation do it now ...

We have two months to negotiate transfer deals before the window even opens ... not much else to do now ... let's take advantage and get things done early just for once ....

Back
Top Bottom