Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what I want our scouts to be looking at. 20 year old Christian Fruchtl, third choice keeper at Bayern behind Neuer and Nubel looking to get out and be a regular first team starter.

Yes. Has potential, but not near first team EPL level.

Thats what people used to say about Van Dyjk when he played up their for Celtic. I'm not saying this guy is as good though,just that many looked at Van Dyjk but decided to buy him until Southampton came along and gave him a chance

This is what I want our scouts to be looking at. 20 year old Christian Fruchtl, third choice keeper at Bayern behind Neuer and Nubel looking to get out and be a regular first team starter.

Not a lot of distibution or work with his feet in that video. Thanfully it did show some sweeping at the end. Perhaps he is Schalke bound?

The whole squad is going to get 4 months off ... it will be like 25 new players ... who needs transfers?

Just kidding of course, but our squad will probably benefit from a massive lay off much more than most, with our facilities we should be able to work on each player individually (that means you fatty) and start the season with a fully fit squad ... if anybody needs an operation do it now ...

We have two months to negotiate transfer deals before the window even opens ... not much else to do now ... let's take advantage and get things done early just for once ....

Agree with all that.

Despite current events, Spurs should be well off cash wise whereas most of the lower leagues could be a bit cash strapped. I cant see the EFL or PL restarting any time soon (certainly not in April) so would be a good time to get terms agreed with QPR with Eze, and any other championship players we think good enough - probably only another one or two, but as they are likely to be HG (although maybe u21's atm) we don't need to offload any overseas trained players to include them in the squad. Even give the championship clubs a loan of part of the transfer fee to help them out financially until medicals on 30 June when registration happens.

Of course we will be buying more established stars who are almost certainly overseas trained and likely playing in Europe (well not now given coronavirus), but we have plenty of time. Only question now is whether Spurs use skype to contact clubs in Europe or whether they use any other system.

And in terms of the extra 2 month layoff - absolutely ideal for many in the squad to recover their fitness, especially the likes of Kane who has had no real breaks for a couple of years with playing in WC's etc - and injury recovery is pretty intense so even that's not that restful.

COVID is going to create a lot of opportunities for signings from the lower divisions ... on the BBC

The EFL is expected to ask the government for financial help for some of the clubs who now face even more financial uncertainty but there is no guarantee this will be possible in these extraordinary times.

There will no doubt be fire-sale opportunities and we need to be packing our under 23's with HG talent that we can develop or sell - ideal time for purchase and loan back helps the cash strapped little clubs and lines up possible future talent ...

How do you rate Adam Lafont? I've got a raging horn for him at the moment.

Alban?

I think Illan Meslier is the more exciting young french goalkeeper. Unfortunately he'll convince Leeds to activate the buy-out clause (£5m I should think), now he's first choice with Casilla out. With their ffp problems I wasn't sure they would spend that money, and just stay content with Casilla between the sticks. Now they'll learn how good Meslier really is

How do you rate Adam Lafont?
*Alban. Seen him a decent amount coming up but he had quite the time in Fiorentina. Only seen 5 or so games at Nantes. Great physique, good shot blocker, young and with attendant clanger, not great with his feet or sweeping that I've seen. But I do know someone that might have an even more in-depth review of his abilities.

I've got a raging horn for him at the moment.
Yes, I've said he has a great physique but we would be buying him for GK so you should focus on that.

That's wasting Thuram's talent. He's a goalscorer, not a provider.
I'd have a quibble with this. I'd argue he's as much or more provider than goalscorer though very good at both. I find him to be the most interesting forward/striker option around at the moment - and yes that includes Haaland. His game is more rounded and unlike Haaland he can play the lone role because of his holdup play.

This is am embryonic take however as I have only seen Haaland play 1 game for Salzburg and his BVB games. But I have watched Thuram in his time at Guingamp and BMG. Perhaps my views will change with more viewings but in this market 1 will cost 100M and the other 35M (unfortunately BOTH are Raiola though) which makes it an easy decision...if only we had a French expert and picked him up for 9M last year from a relegated Guingamp.

But I do know someone that might have an even more in-depth review of his abilities.
As a matter of fact, he does not.
Great physique, good shot blocker, young and with attendant clanger, not great with his feet or sweeping that I've seen.
He almost put Osimhen into the stand the other week. They don't play out from the back very much, so I couldn't tell exactly what he is like with passing. Always gets great height and distance on his clearances, and is good at finding a colleague with a throw-out.

Alban?

I think Illan Meslier is the more exciting young french goalkeeper. Unfortunately he'll convince Leeds to activate the buy-out clause (£5m I should think), now he's first choice with Casilla out. With their ffp problems I wasn't sure they would spend that money, and just stay content with Casilla between the sticks. Now they'll learn how good Meslier really is
That's the one. He made me jizz my pants when I watched Nantes v Lille. Then I went and looked at how he did against Marseille and Rennes.

I never heard of this Meslier chap. Must look him up.

*Alban. Seen him a decent amount coming up but he had quite the time in Fiorentina. Only seen 5 or so games at Nantes. Great physique, good shot blocker, young and with attendant clanger, not great with his feet or sweeping that I've seen. But I do know someone that might have an even more in-depth review of his abilities.

Yes, I've said he has a great physique but we would be buying him for GK so you should focus on that.

I've said something similar to RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK - what he was doing in terms of his age when I was watching a lot of him was good in terms of general gooalkeepy stuff, it was when he had to make decisions coming off his line to sweep or 1v1's that his decision making was often not great, and he did get punished a few times.

What I couldn't figure out was whether that's age and inexperience or just in his make up, it's incredibly rare to see 17/18yo keepers anywhere and they are generally the slowest maturing position, so hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom