Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know they're not for everyone.... ahem..

But I think it’s really positive Toby and Chris played today. A clear sign they're both part of our plans for next season, especially when you consider rose is left in London.

At midnight all this 25M for Toby bs is gone! Hurrah! We need to build and add. More options.

I also feel both Lucas and Lamela could have great seasons for us. I just wish we could get sessegnon and lo celso over the line so we can just focus and maybe get a surprise on deadline day
The big downside is that now we'll certainly get nothing for Toby and most likely lose both our best, starting centre backs in the same window next summer.

It would have been a lot better to sell Toby this year, buy a replacement and then a replacement for Jan next year.

But heyo faith in Levy etc

I know they're not for everyone.... ahem..

But I think it’s really positive Toby and Chris played today. A clear sign they're both part of our plans for next season, especially when you consider rose is left in London.

At midnight all this 25M for Toby bs is gone! Hurrah! We need to build and add. More options.

I also feel both Lucas and Lamela could have great seasons for us. I just wish we could get sessegnon and lo celso over the line so we can just focus and maybe get a surprise on deadline day
Fuck both of them. Useless cunts the lot of them, they were class for us for five years but once they're shit now and will be shit for whoever they play for after us. No If's, no buts.

PS. Van Dijk is also shit.

Is what Sammy would say. Probably.

Only player to win 3 World Cups.
77 goals in 90 odd internationals.
1200 career goals.
5th all time WC scorer
2013 Ballon d'or
FIFA Player of the century.....and so on..
Not too bad for a fraud.
Let's leave it alone now. I can guarantee you're in a minority.
Winning the Ballon d’or at 73 years old is certainly his greatest achievement.

1) I realised I was going on about it too much and toned it down a bit. Nobody wants to read pages and pages of the same arguments, and it's tedious having to wade through it.

2) I've been proven right so now get to bask in the glory of that. I bought shares in "Lamela is a very average footballer" when the price was low and made a killing, and now I'm a kudos millionaire.

3) If he kept it to Dele he'd have allies but Eriksen is just too good to continue claiming he isn't a top class player.
Still running that short then? You can’t cash in as he’s still a going concern at THFC and you stand to lose your shirt still if he performs this season

The big downside is that now we'll certainly get nothing for Toby and most likely lose both our best, starting centre backs in the same window next summer.

It would have been a lot better to sell Toby this year, buy a replacement and then a replacement for Jan next year.

But heyo faith in Levy etc

You've probably made his year. An avatar of a girl has tagged him in a post on a forum. He'll download that pic and go around telling people that's his girlfriend. When he gets out the bin he'll probably invite you to meet him at Lords.

Stop derailing threads. :sonpoint:

And you saw all that did you? And you're just going to ignore the fact that most of his goals were self recorded, against Semi Pros in a league without an offside rule?
Im with you on this Tom. Of all the greats Pele is the one I can get least excited about

Wasn’t garrincha considered the best but his bandy legs couldn’t carry his magic long enough

Spurs game in Shanghai started at 19.30 local time so they won't have flown back to London much earlier than midnight at the earliest, more likely take off sometime Friday morning. With a flight time of 12 hours, then even allowing for time difference, think it's going to be close to midday UK time before they arrive, and probably crashing out after the flight for a few hours - so no work will be done on Friday.

With all that it seems unlikely that Spurs will announce players transfers tomorrow Friday ,( unless the announcement was delayed so as not to coincide with the game), and it's pretty rare for Spurs to announce a player at the weekend (although I think Modric was announced on a Sunday)

So personally I'm not that optimistic of an announcement of Lo Celso or Sessegnon until Monday............ I had hoped they would have been announced this week so we could have concentrated on what comes next.....but not to be I fear.

I don't know how many times I've posted this but he doesn't get back from holiday until early next week, nothing was ever going to happen till then
I just signed a contract for a new job and I’m in Bulgaria. Not that tough really. And I’m sure we could have a local doctor do a medical? Isn’t he the one that’s holidaying in Brighton? On a beach nobody there has ever found?

Im with you on this Tom. Of all the greats Pele is the one I can get least excited about

Wasn’t garrincha considered the best but his bandy legs couldn’t carry his magic long enough
Indeed mate, many football connoisseurs have argued Garrincha was indeed the best player on that Brazil team.

Look, I'm not debating Pele was probably a very good player, but to put him on a pedestal with the likes of Messi, Maradona, Cruyff, Ronaldo(both fat and thin) etc as most people tend to, is just nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom