Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just signed a contract for a new job and I’m in Bulgaria. Not that tough really. And I’m sure we could have a local doctor do a medical? Isn’t he the one that’s holidaying in Brighton? On a beach nobody there has ever found?

Whilst I'm sure there are ways of getting these things done when people are overseas, he's on his holiday and may just want to actually switch off for a few weeks and forget about his work.

Indeed mate, many football connoisseurs have argued Garrincha was indeed the best player on that Brazil team.

Look, I'm not debating Pele was probably a very good player, but to put him on a pedestal with the likes of Messi, Maradona, Cruyff, Ronaldo(both fat and thin) etc as most people tend to, is just nonsense.
And the Dutchman would be my number 2.

Sounds like a lazy bastard. Don’t want him now.

Each to their own. Players taking time off to recharge their batteries and relax is a good thing in my book, I think everyone needs time off regularly.

I have always thought Pele was the worst of the widely accepted all time greats.
Still a great player though.
My man of all time is George best.
Who would be on that list then? I loved watching Brazilian Ronaldo play, he just had it it all, he could make the best defenders and midfielders in the world look like non league.

I don't know how many times I've posted this but he doesn't get back from holiday until early next week, nothing was ever going to happen till then

21 days after his last match is 29th but some rumours that he had cut short holiday and was at Spurs earlier this week - no idea how true rumours were but perfectly possible (just as Foyth not taking his break post Copa America) meeting the guy assigned to him to help him settle, house hunt etc. No need to meet Poch or Levy if everything done

Each to their own. Players taking time off to recharge their batteries and relax is a good thing in my book, I think everyone needs time off regularly.
Not really being serious. And not judging a players suitability for us as poor because he’s eating steak at Salt Bae Dubai.

Who would be on that list then? I loved watching Brazilian Ronaldo play, he just had it it all, he could make the best defenders and midfielders in the world look like non league.
Cruyff
Maradonna
Best
Pele
Hoddle( i genuinely believe if he had been born French,Dutch, Brazillian etc he would be regerded a lot higher)
Your man Brazillian Ronaldo
Messi
And begrudgingly Manc Ronaldo

Indeed mate, many football connoisseurs have argued Garrincha was indeed the best player on that Brazil team.

Look, I'm not debating Pele was probably a very good player, but to put him on a pedestal with the likes of Messi, Maradona, Cruyff, Ronaldo(both fat and thin) etc as most people tend to, is just nonsense.
I never said that he was the best. I just didn't like the term"fraud".

Agreed Brazilian Ronaldo in his prime is probably my favorite player of all time. However he only had his peak form for about 3 seasons I would say, then the drugs and seizures came along.

-Winning 3 world cups is a fair achievement sure, but he was part of arguably the greatest international team of all time, in the first one he played in in '62 he barely played a single minute of football.

-Robbie Keane has a similar international goal scoring record, does any rank him as one of the greatest ever?

-1200 career goals ffs man, most of those were in friendlies, merely the word of Pele himself as there is no proper records of Brazilian league football back then or scored against literal farmers whilst he was playing for Santos or New York Cosmos. For example, if Messi had spent his entire career playing for Newells Old Boys would he be even nearly as highly regarded as he is now? He would in his hoop. Likewise Ronaldo if he stayed at Sporting.
Tim Vickery who works in Brazil says the Brazilians rate Garrincha as their best ever player. Pele goal record is dubious to say the least and must include goals scored in the playground at school as the records don’t back it up.
Can’t deny he was a brilliant footballer but Maradona beats him as he carried an ordinary Argentina side to the World Cup and won 2 titles for Napoli who hadn’t done anything for years.

Sorry, can't agree.

Pele in his prime in the Brazilian team of 1970 was sublime. No-one in their right mind would have him and fat Ronaldo in the same sentence.

He played in an era when kit and equipment were nowhere like what it is today, sports science was non-existent and fitness and diet were paid little attention to. Despite this, he (and the team) won World Cup winners medals in 1958 and 1970.

He had the misfortune to play for Santos which I could never work out was a serious team or not.

It's difficult (or impossible) to compare players from different eras, but he was the best.

Agreed Brazilian Ronaldo in his prime is probably my favorite player of all time. However he only had his peak form for about 3 seasons I would say, then the drugs and seizures came along.

You mean he absolutely fucked his knee. If he hadn’t of wrecked the knee, Messi’s records of today wouldn’t look so out of this world. Ronaldo was literally unplayable

1400-likes.jpg

Back
Top Bottom