Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whatever rocks your boat....or even sinks it...

32D3A99500000578-0-image-m-2_1459756434008.jpg
I've just eaten....now I feel a little sick,

Having Bale back would be a retrograde step. We have moved on and so has he. The fans would probably have expectations of him that he would no longer be able to fulfill and I just cannot see this transfer happening. He just doesn't fit the profile of players we are attempting to bring in.

I have wonderful memories of his time at the club and would hate to have them tarnished by an unsuccessful attempt at recreating the glory days of old at this stage of his career.
For a nano second it's a wonderful idea then harsh reality kicks in and you realise it's probably for the best if we stay with Gareth Bale firmly in our past and simply wish him well with wherever he ends up playing.
Thanks....but no thanks...

If we could have introduced Bale from the bench instead on Llorente in the ECL final; would we have won the game?

I wonder how Bale would play with 60,000 people week in week out singing his name rather than the chorus of boo's he is currently getting at Madrid.

He wouldn’t be playing, he’d be in the stands injured.
Was only unavailable for something like 6 games of about 50 last season through injury. The rest of the time he was out was simply because he wasn't selected.

Don't know if it's true, but read a stat that he's played more (or as many) games than Kane in the last two or three seasons

No, I didn't choose it, I just started jogging along it with some sanctimonious twit who decided instead of discussing whether we need CB's or not, decided to lecture me about the net worth of shooting the breeze about Spurs shit on a Spurs forum and it's ramifications on the "world scenario".

I'm also "humble" enough to understand my opinions expressed on here aren't going to influence club policy, did you really think you needed to tell me this? That's not why I'm here personally, it's just to discuss it with other fans. Does your humbleness prevent you from ever expressing an opinion?
Humility

Are you guys thick?

Don't feed shit stains on Twitter by responding with equally daft replies.
Fuck off prick if you bother to read what I said properly you will notice that I said if true in the last sentence, I was just generalising not making an actual statement that it was true dear oh dear some people.

Last edited:
If Toby leaves we MUST get a replacement.

Sanchez - looked good and we had an excellent record in 17/18 season.
Jan - 32 years old and recurring ankle issues.
Foyth - Looks like he may be moving to left back.
Dier - Playing mostly as a DM.

Curve ball.........Is Poch planning to retrain Davies or Wanyama as CB? Davies doesn't seem big and strong enough for CB.

Aside from me guessing that you mean RB; please tell me, once and for all, catagorically where the fuck you have plucked this notion from? ....Regardless of any wild theories one may have, how does it "LOOK" like he may be our new FB?

(This request extends to anyone that has said this over the last couple of weeks?)

Last edited:
We are not the mid-table, punching above our weight club that we have always been.

Although we don't have the history of success, its clear that we have now moved into a new era at Spurs. We are not yet as desirable as the 'top clubs' with history such as Barca, Madrid, Liverpool, United or the money clubs in City and maybe PSG - but we are sure in the same league now as Athletico, and Juventus and it is clear that we are now a more desirable club than Chelsea, Milan and Woolwich.

Its certainly not far fetch for Bale to return and its clear to me that with Bale in our squad next season that would make us heavy favourites for a Trophy and top 4....and even another push for the champions league.

Image rights, new stadium sponsor yet to be announced, US market exposure through NFL - all pointing to us having some very deep pockets.

So you agree that, despite your poorly conceived sales pitch, he has no real affinity for the club and, if at all, would likely just be coming back for money then?

P.s. We havent "always" been a midtable club.... Perhaps you ought to go and read about our very real "history of success" that you're dismissing just to convince yourself that precious Gareth will come back to save us.... Much the same, s'funny how degrading i find your comments whilst you simultaneously peddle the falsehood that one CL final miraculously catapults poor "midtable" us to being bigger than Juventus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom