Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we’ve already got two young CB’s here already (Sanchez and Foyth) that need more game time, and two or three very promising ones coming through the academy, and Dier, i think just about every other part of the team needs money before CB does, even if we lose TA.

We’ve got Dier and Sanchez for now, Foyth for tomorrow and Eyoma, Tanganga, Lyons-Foster for the day after.

If the guy was a leftie, it might be slightly different, but we’ve got RCB’s coming out our arses.

Evidently we're not party to the clubs broader view because if it were as black and white as your case states it to be, it stands to reason that we wouldn't be interested...

Maybe Dier isn't seen as a CB moving fwd.... Maybe we have had second thoughts re Foyth or Dav... Maybe we have less faith in the Academy lads than you think.

...Regardless, my main point here is that holistically i doubt we're jeopardising other positions with our pursuit of Saliba.

Last edited:
Evidently we're not party to the clubs broader view because if it were as black and white as your case states it to be, it stands to reason that we wouldn't be interested...

Maybe Dier isn't seen as a CB moving fwd.... Maybe we have had second thoughts re Foyth or Dav... Maybe we have less faith in the Academy lads than you think.

...Regardless, my main point here is that holistically i doubt we're jeopardising other positions with out pursuit of Saliba.

Money is money, whether we are buying Saliba on the never never or Fekir, Atal or Diawra on the never never, it's the same commitment of resources ultimately. Of course none of us know the inner machinations of Poch's brain, we can only go on all the evidence available to us, and there's a pretty big body of it suggesting we are pretty well stocked at RCB for today and tomorrow, one of whom was our record fee until two weeks ago.

And I think I'm no longer in a minority in hoping Dier isn't thought of as a CM any more. Funnily enough, Poch has even said himself that he sees Dier as a CB not a CM in his book.

Mate, believe it or not I am positive about our future but our complacency and arrogance of last summer was a shocker, left us playing catch-up and even now we are giving the impression of ditherers.

Positivity works 2 ways. Aside from a near unfathomable run in the CL last sesson we were the worst we have been under Pochettino. And certainly the least cohesive.

We need to show intent and then maybe I will rouse from my grumpy state of frostiness.
Mate, get a girlfriend. It's never been a better time to be a spurs fan or are you a teenager and only experienced the recent times?

Money is money, whether we are buying Saliba on the never never or Fekir, Atal or Diawra on the never never, it's the same commitment of resources ultimately. Of course none of us know the inner machinations of Poch's brain, we can only go on all the evidence available to us, and there's a pretty big body of it suggesting we are pretty well stocked at RCB for today and tomorrow, one of whom was our record fee until two weeks ago.

Accounting is far more fluid than you're conceeding here.

And I think I'm no longer in a minority in hoping Dier isn't thought of as a CM any more. Funnily enough, Poch has even said himself that he sees Dier as a CB not a CM in his book.

Like i say... Things change. What if Poch has decided Dier is more valuable to us sold than at CB.... Your personal player ratings have no significance to the actual world scenario.

Accounting is far more fluid than you're conceeding here.

Excellent insight, thanks...

Like i say... Things change. What if Poch has decided Dier is more valuable to us sold than at CB.

You're on a roll now...

Your personal player ratings have no significance to the actual world scenario.

Any more than yours I guess, does this mean I'll never have to read anything that isn't a statement of irrefutable fact from you from here on in?

Excellent insight, thanks...

LOL.... Says the man that just stated "money is money" like we're merely operating out of a bag of cash sitting in the corner of the room.

I'm not gonna waste time explaining things you already know.

You're on a roll now...

...Whilst you've opted for the 'dick' path. Well done you.

Any more than yours I guess, does this mean I'll never have to read anything that isn't a statement of irrefutable fact from you from here on in?

I shoulda known you'd opt to take my comments that way.... :roll:

I'm not professing to know better in terms of ranking players. Within the context of the conversation we were having, your or my opinion on Dier means nothing.... I'm humble enough to accept this, evidently you're not. Why so precious, Mr Expert?

Saliba seems very promising from the little I’ve seen of him, but really don’t think we need spend 30m plus wages on young CB right now, we’ve got Dier, Sanchez, Foyth and Eyoma to cover RCB.

We could get Fekir for that. We could get Weigl, Berge, Diawara (could have), Atal or the Spanish Zagreb fella.

There’s also other very promising young CB’s around like the two 20yo RB lads - Upamecano, Konate - or (19yo Marseille) that we could go after.

You can get a really good player for £30 million

Allegedly

Eriksen and Toby set for tour on Wednesday.......

Roma confirm interest in Toby....

The plot thickens...... :thumbup:

This Roma bloke seems a bit dense. Surely he realises the TA price goes UP (not down) after the 25m clause times out and that we'll dig our heels in even more if an alternative to a pure cash deal can't be found? Ah, that's right; Levy will chip 5 or 10 mill off the price cos Baldini....:goonermong:

This is no joke. The guys reporting this are very reliable for Real Madrid. Jesus christ, I think it’s happening

Yet somehow I'm struggling to take it seriously..... :kanehand:

Still, straight swap for Eriksen + 300kpw (Less CE's) on the wage bill... Discuss.... I guess. :dier:

Back
Top Bottom