Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dean Smith admits it would ‘crazy’ to even imagine a summer without transfer speculation surrounding Jack Grealish .

The captain and prized asset was close to joining Tottenham Hotspur last summer but Aston Villa refused to sell.

Spurs remain keen on the 23-year-old along with other Premier League clubs who will consider an approach if Villa miss out on promotion.

Smith believes Grealish, who has got six goals and six assists this season, is the best player in the Championship.

And when asked about and likely transfer talk in the summer, he replied:

“It would be crazy if we didn’t get bids for him.

“But he has committed his future to the club.

“He has a long-term contract and he’s a Villa fan.

“He is captain of the club now as well.

“There are an awful lot of things to keep him at this club for.”

Grealish was named in the PFA team of the year alongside Tammy Abraham this week

I don’t understand why we’d want to sign more attacking players - unless Eriksen leaves. I am perfectly pleased with our attacking force and we should prioritize the fullbacks and CMs.

I don’t understand why we’d want to sign more attacking players - unless Eriksen leaves. I am perfectly pleased with our attacking force and we should prioritize the fullbacks and CMs.

In all honesty I don't think Llorente can hack it at this level for much longer & Lamela must have missed around 100 or so games since he signed for us due to injury.

Also we have nobody who can help Eriksen out with the work he does all season for us so for me I think we absolutely need reinforcements in one or two attacking areas.

we had to bring on Jansen the other day because we had no other choice. As Lamellas body cant be trusted we are defiantly missing one perhaps two (Lorente replacement?) attacking players.

Maybe the one playing for schalke currently
I guess sane of City would be out of the price range? even if he wanted to play here?
I just thought Sane would be the type we could use Poch could utilize 100 % and more if he could ever be here. I know I wouldn't want players like Pogba or martial even if they wanted to play here

Last edited:
It shouldn' be priority, but we do need a new body in that area too. We need a better and more reliable player than Lamela.
Neres would be ideal, can play left wing right wing or through the middle, but he would be so hard to get now.

I would be amazed given how the season has gone with us punching well above our weight and with the long term injury problems, lack of depth, zero spend in last two windows and likely a few players leaving we are going to see Levy doing a good bit of business this summer.
He absolutely has to back Poch now and give this a real go even more so if we manage to make it to a Champs league final-imagine that! Our potential is there for everyone to see.

I've completely changed my mind on Grealish IF Eriksen were to leave and we didn't get an exactly like for like replacement elsewhere. Have watched him quite a bit this season and his attitude and skill set is clearly on show and has improved. Has potential to be a brilliant Prem player and only 23 still.
VD Beek would be brilliant as would someone like N'Dombele but I think they will be snapped up by oil rich more established clubs like PSG/real and co tbh.

We need overall depth and Poch needs to do a better job rotating players.

There's a ton of games in a season. No reason to run any starter into the ground.

Could be a reason Eriksen's form has dropped so much. Between all the football (club and country) he has to have run almost more than anyone

We need overall depth and Poch needs to do a better job rotating players.

There's a ton of games in a season. No reason to run any starter into the ground.

Could be a reason Eriksen's form has dropped so much. Between all the football (club and country) he has to have run almost more than anyone

In a way we've been getting the quantity of Eriksen than quality

Mahrez would slow down every single attack.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom