Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we are serious about Brandt what would be the plan? He's a winger so is he gonna be Eriksens replacement and we adopt a Liverpool style of play with a functional midfield and depend on the wingers for creative flare, or if rumored Eriksen signs a new deal is he just gonna be backup winger and Son moves to being our backup striker if Llorente leaves

He’s not a winger. He’s mostly been playing as an L8 in a 433 this season under Bosz

I heard about this kid a few months back. Got a nice touch and swagger based on his YouTube videos but Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb will probably be the best one to answer this. If I recall correctly he said the Benfica hype train is a fair old bit misleading.

Looks the part for a kid though and apparently has a £25m release clause they are trying to renegotiate.
He barely barely played for benfica first team. Can be another Marcus Edwards or a Bernardo Silva. Who knows? I can’t judge a player that basically never played top football.

Do we really need Zaha? If he's about 40-50M then okay, but 60M+ is just ridiculous.
Our fans have a weird mindset.
We congratulate ourselves and suck Levy off when we sell players for over inflated prices. But turn up our noses at the thought of paying exorbitant fees for players that our manager may actually want.
Fuck it. If Poch wants a player and he costs 20million or so more than we think he's worth then so be it.

Back the damn manager. I think he's earned it.

Agent Son has some recruiting to do over the summer.

11ed55ffcc41320a700f6a70670099d7.jpg

just been reading about this lad; João Filipe. apparently we've been scouting him?

anyone familiar?

£85,000,000 rated and available for £25,000,000 (release clause).

Sort of signing wed have gambled on in the past.

Not sure a few selection of our fans would be happy splashing £25,000,000 on an unknown though

£85,000,000 rated and available for £25,000,000 (release clause).

Sort of signing wed have gambled on in the past.

Not sure a few selection of our fans would be happy splashing £25,000,000 on an unknown though
Those fans aren’t worth listening to. They were against Eriksen, Son, and probably Ricky Villa at the time.

Our fans have a weird mindset.
We congratulate ourselves and suck Levy off when we sell players for over inflated prices. But turn up our noses at the thought of paying exorbitant fees for players that our manager may actually want.
Fuck it. If Poch wants a player and he costs 20million or so more than we think he's worth then so be it.

Back the damn manager. I think he's earned it.

So if Poch insists on signing Grealish, and the fee demanded is £100m, we just pay it?

Nonsense.

Got to be a sensible limit on all transfer fees paid, and £60m for Zaha is too much. End of story.

Back
Top Bottom