Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When Ajax sell us Ziyech, who will be a complete flop, for a record fee to us, and buy Odegaard, after one season you will see the player he is and I will demand appologies in this forum.

Reading through the comments I discovered a spurs fan saying he can't wait for alderweireld to leave the club as he s not strong enough and error prone...

I imagine that's the kind of guy that evaluates every blowjob he gets as mediocre and lists all the attention points for the next time

...Blakey then?

If we are serious about Brandt what would be the plan? He's a winger so is he gonna be Eriksens replacement and we adopt a Liverpool style of play with a functional midfield and depend on the wingers for creative flare, or if rumored Eriksen signs a new deal is he just gonna be backup winger and Son moves to being our backup striker if Llorente leaves

If we are serious about Brandt what would be the plan? He's a winger so is he gonna be Eriksens replacement and we adopt a Liverpool style of play with a functional midfield and depend on the wingers for creative flare, or if rumored Eriksen signs a new deal is he just gonna be backup winger and Son moves to being our backup striker if Llorente leaves
My guess would be a formation change to a 4-3-3. You'd have Son, Kane, and Brandt upfront and Dele, Sissoko, and Eriksen in the middle in an attack minded lineup.

Sonny will remain a 'bit' more than emergency ST whatever Nando does.

As for Brandt, like any other AMs or STs they'll arrive needing to displace whoever is already in the existing pecking order....

A common call is "improve the quality of the rotation options" - Pressumably Brandt fits that bill for most citing him.

Wide: Son / Lucas / Dele / Brandt / Lamela
Central: Eriksen / Dele / Lamela

...Mix and match as per formation and circumstances.

I believe he has been AM this year (2019)

If we want to evolve we can't just rely on a shit hot starting XI, we need quality rotation.

Personally, if we were to get a Brandt & Odergaard/ Grealish type signing they come in similar to how Davinson Sanchez has regarding his role at the back. I'd not replace Llorente & utilise Son & Mouras versatility should it be needed and focus on better AM/ WF options as we simply can't rely on Lamela anymore.

It's a shame as I don't mind Erik but his injuries are just too frequent. Llorente & Lamela out the door potentially and Brandt + Grealish I'd love.

Our attacking options would be Eriksen, Dele, Brandt, Grealish, Son, Lucas, Kane. That my friends is shit hot!

Works well as a 4231, or a 433, depending on if we find a decent DM who isn't broken.
Hugo
Someone good, Sanchez, Jan, Rose
Winks, New CM
Son, Eriksen, Brandt
Kane

Works well as a 4231, or a 433, depending on if we find a decent DM who isn't broken.
Hugo
Someone good, Sanchez, Jan, Rose
Winks, New CM
Son, Eriksen, Brandt
Kane
No Dele anymore?
In my opinion there are 5 players Poch will always pick for the starting XI: Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dele and Kane.
(Maybe by now I should add Son to that list too even though he was benched 8 PL matches this season)

Question: has it ever happened that a player was sold for more than his release clause because of high demand?

(Because Levy wouldn’t pay a dollar more than the clause imo)
It would be impossible in Spain as the League hold all the contracts. Club A could offer the selling club a hundred times the clause sum but all Club B would have to do is go to the League's offices in Madrid with the player, slap their wad on on the desk and that would be that.

just been reading about this lad; João Filipe. Apparently we've been scouting him?

anyone familiar?

I heard about this kid a few months back. Got a nice touch and swagger based on his YouTube videos but Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb will probably be the best one to answer this. If I recall correctly he said the Benfica hype train is a fair old bit misleading.

Looks the part for a kid though and apparently has a £25m release clause they are trying to renegotiate.

I heard about this kid a few months back. Got a nice touchnand swagger based on his YouTube videos but Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb will probably be the best one to answer this. If I recall correctly he said the Benfica hype train is a fair old bit misleading.

Looks the part for a kid though and apparently has a £25m release clause they are trying to renegotiate.

thanks for that. from what i was reading 'he's the future of portugal' lol! does seem like our scouts have been watching him which is encouraging if true.

Back
Top Bottom