Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even if we were the richest club ever it would still be retarded to pour 90 million down the drain , amazes me people suggest it every time these situations arise.
What do you value a season of him contributing to the team? And how much faith do you have that £90m (assuming anyone will pay that for a player they'd get for free 12 months later) would be invested wisely and improve our chances of being competitive next season?

It's very likely, in my opinion, that we'll be a weaker team next season if he goes in the summer.

Also, if Depay is going to start consistently performing at this level, then him alongside Kane and Son would make a very mobile and dangerous front 3 all capable of scoring from range or playing off the shoulder.

He's shown some lovely 1st time passes as well as some nice through balls
Don't think he'd slot in very well in the dressing room. Apparently is a bit of a dickhead

Horrendous short-term thinking
Ah, well fuck challenging for the league. Let's concentrate on finishing third for the next 5 years instead.

I'm not the kind of person who thinks we should be spunking cash everywhere, but when we have one of the best players in the world, someone who will be incredibly tough to replace, it's mental to not want to utilise his talent for as long as possible.

Honestly, get rid of Eriksen and bring in a goalscoring wide forward who will likely contribute the same amount of goal involvement across the season.

Use the money we get from other sales to sign Berge to hold things together in midfield. Dele and Winks in midfield infront of him.

Don't think he'd slot in very well in the dressing room. Apparently is a bit of a dickhead
He kinda flew under the radar due to the Rabiot debacle. But Memphis basically spent January whoring himself out to "the true big clubs". Name dropping PSG, Real, Barca, City and Juve. He wants to play for a "big club".

He kinda flew under the radar due to the Rabiot debacle. But Memphis basically spent January whoring himself out to "the true big clubs". Name dropping PSG, Real, Barca, City and Juve. He wants to play for a "big club".
Yeah, I saw that as well. Thought it was really disrespectful to Lyon, basically treated the club as a stepping stone

Ah, well fuck challenging for the league. Let's concentrate on finishing third for the next 5 years instead.

I'm not the kind of person who thinks we should be spunking cash everywhere, but when we have one of the best players in the world, someone who will be incredibly tough to replace, it's mental to not want to utilise his talent for as long as possible.

But we have to replace him anyway a year later and have control over his destination and a load of money if we sell him this summer , if he walks out of here s free agent we have no money and a good chance he stays in the PL, unless Spurs are extremely confident he will sign after the close of the summer window(still a huge risk ) it's just illogical not to sell.

flog him and go balls deep for Neves

At least if it ever happens to us we can claim we have already served the ban!

Raiden-Laughs-Then-Gets-Serious-In-Mortal-Kombat-Movie-Gif.gif

One season of eriksen it’s not worth the money we gonna lose. What the fuck.
It could be though, if its the difference between CL qualification and a run in that year vs not. Not saying its as clear cut that Eriksen +our team = CL qualification (and vice versa) but if you do think that then he is worth it.

This is a business decision the risk far outweighs the reward.
Possibly but its a valid position, especially if you consider replacing on the same wages. It's why we keep players when we could sell them (i.e. Rose the other summer) as the replacement on the same wages is a lot worse, - think Aurier & Walker.

I think we will (and should) sell him in the summer.

Possibly but its a valid position, especially if you consider replacing on the same wages. It's why we keep players when we could sell them (i.e. Rose the other summer) as the replacement on the same wages is a lot worse.

I think we will (and should) sell him in the summer.

Rose wasn't on his final year so the risk is less.

Last edited:
Rose wasn't on his final year so the risk is less.
yes that's true but any replacement we could get on affordable wages would be significantly worse. In the Risk / Reward calc we have a player on the books that's on 40-80K p/w who's replacement like for like would be £200K+ (so about £10M+ in the reward column).

* I am bored on a Friday and don't disagree with you, we should sell.

So Chelsea just hit with a two window ban ... that applies from now but as with Barca and Real there will likely be a very lengthy appeal which will almost certainly last well past this summer ...

What that probably means is that Chelsea will have this window to complete three windows worth of business, and that's with a manager on his last legs, couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of cunts

Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Sadly with the quality of youngsters coming through their youth system, if they were clever and I'm not saying they will be, they could play some of those and also the 50 or so players they have on loan, and not need to buy for the next few transfer windows.

But hopefully they will do as you say and stock up with 2 or 3 windows worth of non scoring strikers.

Sadly with the quality of youngsters coming through their youth system, if they were clever and I'm not saying they will be, they could play some of those and also the 50 or so players they have on loan, and not need to buy for the next few transfer windows.

But hopefully they will do as you say and stock up with 2 or 3 windows worth of non scoring strikers.
They will appeal - sell Willian / Hazard /Hudson-Odoi/ (possibly Kante) / Barkley and give Sari the ~£200M+ I would guess.

The youngsters loanees are cash flow not players for them.

Another superb performance by Kessie tonight as AC Milan beat Empoli 3-0 - he even scored a nice little chip over the goalkeeper too.

Back
Top Bottom