Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

best thing for their development is being on the pitch. Just get them an Eleven Sports subscription to watch Modric.
Tbh

People seem to think that older stars can somehow teach most of their magic to young players.

It doesn't work like that. Sure players will get better when playing with better players but coaching is way more important than simply having a skilled teammate.

By that logic Kane could have trained one of our youth players into being a prem striker, or Dembele could have made Onomah his clone etc.

Skipp needs minutes and training. He's not going to become world class at using the outside of his boot because we sign Modric.

Slight FIFA mentality.

Form me when I player refuses to sign a new deal and having just one year left of contract he as to be sold. Always. Even if it was kane. Eriksen is amazing but better sell and use the money to by a replacement than lose him for nothing after a year.

No question, we have always survived losing big players and if anything improved but that has always been by selling for a high price and reinvesting.

Report: Tottenham want Sessegnon brothers

Mauricio Pochettino and Daniel Levy could definitely try and prise Ryan from Fulham, and potentially even his brother too.

But even with relegation, the Craven Cottage side will be looking for more than £20 million - a lot more.

They both have three years to run on their contracts and The Sun reported nearly a year ago that Fulham valued Ryan - who has two goals in 24 Premier League games - at around £100 million.

Ryan Sessegnon - £100m???? :dembelelol::dembelelol::avbfacepalm:

£30m tops, just to give the kid a chance to let Poch sink his gnashers into him. Anything more & Fulham are living in a dream world. Gets hauled off at half time, not exactly wooing potential suitors at the moment is he?
Unless a bidding war starts with other members of the top 6 wanting a homegrown player, I agree.

Fulham will also have so much less leverage when they go down compared to last summer.

Replacing, if he goes Eriksen and Dembele has to be high on the list.

Not a matter of like for like but good enough to do the job of keeping us competitive and more.

I think some players lack consistency and impact or that we could surely find players who offer us more in whichever capacity they are used.

If we assume the core of Lloris, Vertonghen, Alli and Kane remains, then we build around them.

I think after what will amount to 18 months of transfer inactivity, in which time results have outstripped performances, that we both deserve and need to see new blood.

One or two players have become too complacent and one or two others simply need upgrading.

Leverkusen's Julian Brandt has a £22m release clause in his contract according to Kicker. :sonhmm:

Get all over it please Spurs.

Sell Eriksen for £80,000,000 or whatever and get Brandt in for a near on quarter of the price would be the best business of the summer.

Kane........Son
Brandt
Dele........Winks
New DM*
Would be fucking exciting going into next season

Leverkusen's Julian Brandt has a £22m release clause in his contract according to Kicker. :sonhmm:

Thing is though, that would just be the starting bid wouldn't it, I mean I'd love us to be all over this, but we wouldn't be the only interested party surely? And there must be a dozen teams who'd be willing and able to pay double that?

Thing is though, that would just be the starting bid wouldn't it, I mean I'd love us to be all over this, but we wouldn't be the only interested party surely? And there must be a dozen teams who'd be willing and able to pay double that?
The thing is that they need to sell him to us for £22m (the release clause) if we can convince him to come play for us, which we at least should be trying to do imo, would be an absolute bargain.

Last edited:
Get all over it please Spurs.

Sell Eriksen for £80,000,000 or whatever and get Brandt in for a near on quarter of the price would be the best business of the summer.

Kane........Son
Brandt
Dele........Winks
New DM*
Would be fucking exciting going into next season
That means Eriksen has gone to Real in that scenario. Should be demanding Isco in return.

If there is one manager in the premier league who Sess should want to work with, its Poch the English full back whisperer.

To be fair, if Sessegnon is going to make a decent Premier League career it'll be at full back. I wouldn't be against it if the price is right and he's willing to sit behind Danny Rose for a year. 18 years old is still young and very trainable.

Just don't think he's worth any more than say £15,000,000.

This is the source btw:

Alle Ligen, Wechselbörse 2018/19

Formstark präsentiert sich Julian Brandt aktuell. Seine jüngsten Auftritte machen ihn für die Topklubs Europas interessant. Nach kicker-Informationen ist in Brandts Kontrakt zudem eine Ausstiegsklausel für den Sommer festgehalten. Im Frühjahr 2018 hatte er seinen Vertrag um ein Jahr bis 2021 verlängert. Damals war bereits eine Ausstiegsklausel, die bei zwölf Millionen Euro plus leistungsabhängiger Zuschläge lag, vorhanden. Und auch wenn die bei der Vertragsverlängerung neu fixierte Summe nun um mehr als 100 Prozent höher liegen soll als im alten Vertragswerk, wäre Brandt in der aktuellen Form vergleichsweise ein Schnäppchen. In Leverkusen ist man zuversichtlich, dass Brandt trotzdem bleibt. "Julian kann bei Bayer noch Schritte machen, die seiner Entwicklung guttun", sagt Sportdirektor Simon Rolfes.

Brandt, Isco, Sessegnon & Joachim Andersen in should Toby & Christian decide to move on would be a bit tasty wouldn't it?

Brandt, Isco, Sessegnon & Joachim Andersen in should Toby & Christian decide to move on would be a bit tasty wouldn't it?

Would certainly be a headache for Poch considering one of Brandt, Isco, Dele or Winks would find themselves on the bench.

Likely to be Winks I imagine considering he's older than both Dele and Brandt, yet more dispensable in a 4231 which would best suit that talent pool.

Would certainly be a headache for Poch considering one of Brandt, Isco, Dele or Winks would find themselves on the bench.

Likely to be Winks I imagine considering he's older than both Dele and Brandt, yet more dispensable in a 4231 which would best suit that talent pool.

Lloris
Aurier
Vertonghen
Andersen
Rose
Winks
Dele
Isco
Brandt
Son
Kane

Gazzaniga
Trippier
Sanchez
Foyth
Davies
Dier
Skipp
Sissoko
Lamela
Sessegnon
Lucas

Now that would be a proper squad to go all guns blazing with. Straight swap Eriksen for Isco, £22m forked out for Brandt, c£25m for Andersen and if Fulham don't go silly bollocks with Sessegnon £30m unless they catch the right buyer at the right time of day.

After losing Alderweireld that would cost around £52m, roughly the same as one of Jack Grealish's thighs in the summer of 2020

Back
Top Bottom